Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

I am thinking of upgrading the tablet once a new release is out in Autumn, apparently a 15 inch iPad Pro with 8 Gigs of ram is available, really well in my idea’s.
I asked myself how we recycled our products.

Amazed at silicon melted from PC boards over burning fires, their first sent by un regulated tankers using heavy oil to fuel the passage to another country.

Wow we’re here on a lease at planet earth, hope the freeholder does not return until we clean up our mess.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
I am thinking of upgrading the tablet once a new release is out in Autumn, apparently a 15 inch iPad Pro with 8 Gigs of ram is available, really well in my idea’s.
My latest 12.9 iPad Pro is beyond amazing. Surprisingly, it is my fastest computer... even faster than my MacBook Pro (2016).

With that said, I will be buying 2 more current generation 12.9 iPad Pros when the new ones get announced. Rumors have it that the new one will not have touch Id... instead will have facial recognition - and only in portrait mode. I never use my iPad Pro in portrait mode.

And of course, it will not have a headphone jack.

At 12.9 inches, it is plenty wide for me. I do not think 15 inches would fit the bill in my studio.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:58 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi A..

How will you go about recycling your older tablets ?
Do you keep them or give them away ?
Maybe return the tablet to apple for discounts on new products?

Other question, if no head phone port, your be using blue tooth head phones while editing in LF ? At times.

I only ask as i use the head phones to edited sometimes.
I bought some blue tooth head phones to get rid of the cables, however i have gone back to the cable head phones.

As the blue tooth produces a unnecessary loud click each time you press play in LF.
What are your thoughts on face reconiscogintion ?

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:28 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Hi A..

How will you go about recycling your older tablets ?
Do you keep them or give them away ?
Maybe return the tablet to apple for discounts on new products?

Other question, if no head phone port, your be using blue tooth head phones while editing in LF ? At times.

I only ask as i use the head phones to edited sometimes.
I bought some blue tooth head phones to get rid of the cables, however i have gone back to the cable head phones.

As the blue tooth produces a unnecessary loud click each time you press play in LF.
What are your thoughts on face reconiscogintion ?

Regards Rob
I sell my old Apple devices for cash. They hold their value quite well here in the States.

As I said above, I do not like facial recognition. It only works in Portrait mode and lacks a fingerprint reader. I only edit using wired headphones - do not exactly trust having a Bluetooth signal wrapped around my brain.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:01 am 
Expert
Expert

How much would you fetch in USA for your iPad Pro ?

Just back from town Mac shop they said £331 for my gen 1 IPP with 256 HD on purchase of new IPP 2nd gen.

These 2nd gen, discontinued as per mac tracker.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:16 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
How much would you fetch in USA for your iPad Pro ?

Just back from town Mac shop they said £331 for my gen 1 IPP with 256 HD on purchase of new IPP 2nd gen.

These 2nd gen, discontinued as per mac tracker.
Apple has an exchange program here:
https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

Here is a history of sold (used) auction/buy-it-now iPad Pros 12.9" (second generation) on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... ition=3000

As we can see, iPads hold their value quite well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 pm 
Novice
Novice

I find using Bluetooth headphones hard when editing as there is a slight sound lag. It’s the same when watching a movie.

If they try and sell me a new iPad with face recognition that does not work in landscape mode I will be waiting for one that does. I used to upgrade every year but since Apple started releasing products with gimmicks rather than significant advances I have opted out and held onto my old kit.

If the new iPad takes useful steps forward I will be buying one ASAP though. I have been without a Mac laptop for a long time now and loving it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:55 am 
Expert
Expert

Glad it is not just me Shrimpy re lag in blue tooth head phones.
Probably Apple will give away with purchase of a new tablet a free connection to power port, an adapter for better head phone sink.
In my dreams :)

The face recognition on a phone, probably work for most as it’s a natural way to hold and pick up.
Tablet environment of course is unsuitable for this approach.

Gimmicks for sure Shrimpy, maybe have a pole on a new page what we like and send in?

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:29 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Rob

'with purchase of a new tablet a free connection to power port, an adapter for better head phone sink'

I got one with my phone so maybe iPads without a headphone jack will get the same

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:53 am 
Expert
Expert

Thank you Dave,

That is good to know, it help with the audio mics etc.

Were have to wait and see when a release date is set, any ideas ?

Regards Rob