Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:30 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.4.5 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes issues with exports.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:08 am 
Novice
Novice

Today I ran around with my iPhone 7 Plus and my Osmo Mobile. As usual, the Osmo Mobile sucks when using the wide lens with optical image stabilization on the iPhone 7 Plus, but I got some decent footage. Most of it I'm using the tele lens (no optical stabilization). I didn't do too much with LumaFusion that I can't do in iMovie, but the export seems to be much higher quality. I did do a few things with fades and titles that I can't do in iMovie. Also, there was much more granular control over cuts, etc., with LumaFusion. Well worth the price.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:06 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi amityeric

Nice video

I think an Osmo needs to be on my Christmas present list

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thank you! Yes, the Osmo is nice but definitely not perfect with the iPhone 7 Plus. The 2x lens (without the optical stabilization) works much better than the wide angle lens which produces a terrible jitteriness.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:02 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks for the heads up

I’d read that it works better with FilmicPro than the built in camera app

Have you tried that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:40 am 
Novice
Novice

Yes, I typically use FiLMiC. I used it for this video.

However, I would disagree with those who say it works better with FiLMiC than it does with the native camera app. I see no difference whatsoever in my tests.

Not only that, I have read that if you turn off IS in the FiLMiC app that you'll get better results. Even the folks at FiLMiC seem to agree with this because if you turn on the Osmo option in FiLMiC it disables the software IS. However, I find that without the camera's IS active, the results are even worse.

AFAIK, the best results come using the tele lens (the lens without optical image stabilization - the built-in hardware stabilization). The wide lens with the optical image stabilization produces quite horrid judder effects. It doesn't matter whether you're using FiLMiC or the native camera app.

I only use FiLMiC with the Osmo for the higher bitrate options and the other photographic controls/options that it provides.

BEST

FiLMiC Pro with IS enabled, tele lens on iPhone 7 Plus

NEXT BEST

the native camera app, tele lens

NEXT BEST

using the wide lens with IS on

WORST

FiLMiC with the IS turned off, wide lens

Much of what I'm saying is corroborated in this video on my channel - https://youtu.be/ZHdn6RJoss4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi amityeric

Thanks for that ... I've only got a 7 so it might be best for me to hold off for a while