Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:19 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

This video was edited on a tablet with Luma Fusion.

I am starting to get used to the work flow a bit better which makes for faster editing video.
I would suggest using a keyboard and learn the short cuts, probably saves you 30 % in time once you get used to this method.

I have also been experimenting with casting to a TV set while editing, which is an interesting experience, Luma in big screen mode.

In this 5 mins video of myself at work, what i have learnt this time around with LF is the ease of use of editing more freely with the "In's and Out's" key framing more precise or as precise as say FCP on desk top. Using arrow keys to move along the time line feels smooth and allows for experimenting.

You can of course create more transitions with text and become more creative over time.

If I worked more with the video it probably polish up quite well, time taken was 2 hrs editing and the export of 900 or so meg a bytes with all these transitions and slowed down video added colouring and text came to a tiny 71 seconds !

Export settings see screen grab.

Attachments:
File comment: Export settings
IMG_1922.PNG
IMG_1922.PNG [ 1.15 MiB | Viewed 273 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:13 pm 
Adept
Adept

Nice work (in every sense). You are bound to settle on preferred effects for consistency and faster editing but on the other hand the variety makes a longish video (for a non participant viewer) more interesting.

How are you casting to TV?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello Mark,

thank you for the kind comments.

I have just completed a rough edit of key board short cuts and how to cast Luma Fusion to a TV, which is what I thought would be a good idea for a bigger screen experiement.

It's bean bag and lay back and edit in the next video after the one I am up loading and see how it actually works for real.

Once the video has uploaded I will share here so you can see what the first experience is like.

Regards Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

If anyone wishies to see more videos do ask I am more than happy to share the experiences as progress with the program Luma Fusion.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Well I've enjoyed everything I've seen so far Rob - so let's have some more

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:15 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for the feed back.

I will put my tuition video's ideas into a more structured level ABC, from noice to advance.

For now if anyone has areas that they would like covered be it something simple or cannot find a solution, method to work around, let me know please.

Example on one of my YouTube videos a lady asked about TEXT did I do this with LF.

Answer was yes, the method was more find a way to resolve what I had in my mind, so rather than approach the idea head on, I experiment and actually found other ways to animate the text.

To give you an idea it would be on par with Final Cut.

It is worth pointing out that the time line with key frames is probably not used as much as it could be, in here you can apply many ideas and expesressions.

Supported multi time line layers like you have in say After Effects would bring in a whole new working enviroment of key frames and making your own effects is by far more fun and imaginative way to go.

Regards Rob Chisholm