Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:38 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:05 am 
Novice
Novice

I shot video with my iphone 7 plus and filmic pro in log mode. Later i tried to color grade the video in lumafusion. I hope you like the video ;)

Last edited by Freezy on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:23 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

nur ein gut gemeinter Rat, es gibt hier Forenmitglieder, die förmlich ausrasten wenn man iOS smileys verwendet, weil diese hier zu groß angezeigt werden.
(ich hab auch einen auf den Sack bekommen)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:28 pm 
Novice
Novice

Danke für den tipp. Habe schon einiges gepostet mit ios smileys aber bisher noch keine negative rückmeldung bekommen. Werde in meinen zukünftigen posts drauf verzichten bzw die foreneigenen benutzen ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:20 pm 
Adept
Adept

@Freezy
In my opinion, shooting in the Log mode allows you to vary the color of the clip more widely than it is possible in the normal mode. And Log material is standardized, which allows you to apply to it different LUTs (it will become possible in version 1.4). The second significant advantage of this mode is the maximum possible capture of the dynamic range, so that there are no over and underexposed areas. But it is important to fix the exposure so that it does not "jump" during the change of camera angles.
So pay attention to these two circumstances:
Filmic Pro Version 6: Examples of using Log and other gamma curve profiles
FilmicLogWhitePaper
I can be wrong, but this story would not be worse, even without the Log mode.
It is clear that this was an interesting and fascinating experiment :) We all indulge, having fun :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:33 pm 
Novice
Novice

@lumaluke
Thanks for your reply:) . I know i made a lot of mistakes capturing this video material. I tried to set the shutter speed at 1/120 but then the video got overexposed . With an iphone you have just limited possibilities because at this point i needed to use an nd filter. And i know that i made more mistakes than this. In the future i will try to get better capturing video and maybe i will do something like this video again with better log video. Unfortunately in lumafusion you have limited options to color grade/ correct your video. So i tried to get the best out of it with my actual knowledge (im a beginner ;)). But i like all kinds of tips i get so thank you again!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:41 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
@lumaluke
Thanks for your reply:) . I know i made a lot of mistakes capturing this video material. I tried to set the shutter speed at 1/120 but then the video got overexposed . With an iphone you have just limited possibilities because at this point i needed to use an nd filter. And i know that i made more mistakes than this. In the future i will try to get better capturing video and maybe i will do something like this video again with better log video. Unfortunately in lumafusion you have limited options to color grade/ correct your video. So i tried to get the best out of it with my actual knowledge (im a beginner ;)). But i like all kinds of tips i get so thank you again!! :D
As far as I understood advanced colourgrading will come with the release of 1.4 so this is something I'm really looking forward to have because it make LF again much more a supereasy app and its workflow allows time saving video editing which I mostly prefer.

Only question for me would be when it is coming, better yesterday than today, but of course the stability has to tested. Maybe LF's marketing gives us some leaks from the 1.4 status :lol: :lol: :lol: ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:01 am 
Adept
Adept

Hi folks!

@Travel_Drone
Even walking on the hot coals requires patience :lol: Do not rush things!

@Freezy
There is a suggestion: edit the top message, removing from it a huge yellow mug :)

I wanted to pay attention to the preparation and thinking of the correct process of comprehension and pleasure. Not about mistakes. I make a lot of mistakes for different reasons too. And I have a lot of "defective" material, which I will use. Because these moments do not repeat. And I just wanted to accent (including myself) the need to practice more on existing instruments.

Filmik has excellent zebras that show the areas of under- and over- exposure (at the time of change parameters too) and this helps to avoid dips at a fixed exposure.

But, since the matrix is ​​very small and very noisy, here it is mostly necessary to proceed from minimizing the ISO value.
ND filters for the weak iPhone matrix are not desirable at all.
This is just as wrong as deliberately damping the recordable sound, and when recording, pick up the level of the preamplifier.
I wrote to the Filmic developers, and they confirmed that they will try to implement this: add a zebra to noisy zones (since they are not visible on small screens, this is only discovered later). This possibility allows us to shoot with minimal noise and be more confident in the choice of related shooting parameters.

The skill of theatrical shooting gives rise to one useful habit: to get acquainted with the plot in advance in order to anticipate camera movements.
To strive, to seek, to find and to share :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:48 am 
Novice
Novice

@lumaluke edited ;)...i know that filmic has zebras but when you use them you can watch your iphone battery draining and when im outside i want to shot as much as i can with my resources so i try to avoid using zebras when possible. The iso was mostly at 22 and my shutter at 1/120. Im looking forward to improve my skills

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:11 am 
Adept
Adept

Look at this very useful thing:
https://www.amazon.com/Pisen-Powerful-P ... LXNHO?th=1

Zebra is not needed all the time. Look at this video:
https://youtu.be/fhH4Fe69qTY
It shows BTW that the shutter speed can be much faster.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:02 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
@lumaluke edited ;)...i know that filmic has zebras but when you use them you can watch your iphone battery draining and when im outside i want to shot as much as i can with my resources so i try to avoid using zebras when possible. The iso was mostly at 22 and my shutter at 1/120. Im looking forward to improve my skills
think about carrying a powerbank with you, it always saves my life during 2/3 day trips!

edit:
lumaluke was again fast than me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I also recommend at least 20.000 ma/h
Quote: