Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:58 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Post subject: This App is Awesome!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 pm 

I have really been enjoying this App. I'm a UAV (drone) enthusiast, and when I purchased my DJI Phantom 4 about one year ago, I had no idea that I had an interest in video editing.

Up until recently, my video editing platform was a fairly vintage, Windows 7 laptop using Windows Movie Maker, and although I was able to work with most of my footage to make a somewhat watchable video, it took forever to load the files into the program and then save the finished product in the end.

So recently, I purchased a 10.5" iPad Pro upon which I loaded LumaFusion, and what a world of difference. Even 4K videos - if I choose to film in that resolution - are not at all an issue.

I am still very much of a novice at video editing, and my UAV flying skills are not perfect but improving. This summer, one of the things that has really helped to improve my flying skills has been several opportunities to film the kids wake boarding behind the dinghy. This provides a fairly fast moving and dynamic subject to film, and the more time I spent working at it, the better the footage became.

Anyway, here is a short video of just that.

https://youtu.be/IymScO55TSk

Post subject: Re: This App is Awesome!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:55 pm 
Adept
Adept

Nice job! Very pro. The only suggestion I'd make is to have some close up clips maybe from the boat for variety. Those drones must fly faster than I thought and I guess you don't want to fly too close?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:23 pm 
Adept
Adept

Welcome to the club of pleasure recipients, Brockrock :)
A man can not live without flying. Anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:30 pm 

Quote:
Nice job! Very pro. The only suggestion I'd make is to have some close up clips maybe from the boat for variety. Those drones must fly faster than I thought and I guess you don't want to fly too close?
Thanks for that suggestion. I did not think of that, but you are very right. Some clips from the boat would have been good to add.

Mine goes about 20 MPH in its slower mode and nearly 50 MPH in its 'Sports' mode. The faster mode is not great for filming, as it is much more responsive to the controls and would produce more jerky results. It just so happens that the boat goes about 20 MPH maxed out, so they were a good pair for each other.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:34 pm 

Quote:
Welcome to the club of pleasure recipients, Brockrock :)
A man can not live without flying. Anyway.
That's the thing. It's a great 'combination hobby'. I love the flight portion, challenging myself and the equipment, and I love sitting and editing the video as well, challenging my creativity. Thanks for the reply!