Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:01 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Post subject: FANTASIA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 am 
Expert
Expert

I used so many LumaFusion effects to modify the Whorl clips that you wouldn’t recognize the source clip! The color straight out of the Whorl app is satisfactory, I guess, as a starting point but LF punches the color up pretty dramatically!

I’ve always wanted to use the Asian loops in GarageBand for something. The imagery suggested this was my chance. By mirroring the Whorl clips in LF, the result was vertical symmetry reminiscent of masks, dragons, pagodas, and kimonos.

I added some synth loops to the Chinese loops for a little genre blending. I used LF to de-shrill some of the Asian loops with low pass filtering because Asian instruments can be a little harsh to the Western ear. I reversed some of the loops in GarageBand but got some noticeable clicks that weren’t in the original loop. I don’t understand that. So I unreversed these offending loops. Anyway, I strung some of the loops together while playing with their tuning and level. And layered loops till I had enough audio to cover the video.

I hope you enjoy watching and listening!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QKyATTXQxBY

Post subject: Re: FANTASIA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Tom

When I read the description for this one, I thought I would be giddy :D

But when I read what loops you were using I calmed down

Good stuff as usual (will listen later through headphones)

Post subject: Re: FANTASIA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:16 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tom,

WOW! That was stupendous.

Work such as your reminds me of the some of the creative abstract video projects that were showcased on a PBS series in the late 80's called "Alive from Off Center."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alive_from_Off_Center

The show primarily put on more people and artist-centric projects. The abstract works seemed to demonstrate what was possible with the video editing technology of the time.