Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 5:40 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.3 is now available on the App Store. This feature release includes integration with Gnarbox, and numerous improvements to the library and import and export providers

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Post subject: LIQUID SPACE DREAMS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:11 pm 
Expert
Expert

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k45cEaM3K5A

Surprisingly, all of the video clips/scenes were generated from still photos. The stills were stretched into 30 second motionless video clips in LumaFusion and exported to the camera roll. From there they were animated by individually importing them into Rollworld. Then they were brought back into LumaFusion and the Big Pinch effect was applied to most of them for additional depth and motion. I also used a lot of keyframed color effects and pan/zooms.

I used the Pianoscaper app to generate an orchestral bed for the other two audio tracks - I just hit the Play button and recorded 8 minutes of Pianoscaper in MultitrackDAW app. (Pianoscaper does a great job producing ambient soundtracks all by itself.) I shared that track into LumaFusion as Track 1. Then I added two additional tracks of audio from the Layr app. After editing and positioning of these two audio tracks, I did a LOT of audio keyframing to balance the sound and sync it to the video.

(Maybe this is obvious but I discovered that one can do very precise and multiple audio keyframing by positioning the playback head exactly where you want a keyframe in the preview mode and then double tapping the target audio track... the playback head position is maintained... then it’s just a matter of sliding the audio level to create a new audio keyframe point... And, likewise, to delete a keyframe, if you position the playback head just to the right or left of the target keyframe... when you double tap the audio track, then you can “tab” backward or forward to arrive at the targeted keyframe for deletion.... even though you might not be able to visually distinguish the targeted keyframe because of multiple keyframe overlaps. Hope that makes sense LOL!)

The video tells the story of the beginning of our Milky Way galaxy; and humanity’s desire to launch ourselves back into space! Set YT to max resolution and strap on your headphones and seatbelts for a dreamy trip into deep, liquid space LOL!

I hope you enjoy watching and listening!

Post subject: Re: LIQUID SPACE DREAMS
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:01 am 
Adept
Adept

Nice work Tom. Was that your face in there? Some good tips too

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:45 am 
Expert
Expert

Mark - Thanks! No, not my face :) but I’m glad that you spotted it LOL! I’m going to attach a screenshot showing the amount of audio keyframing control that is possible with LumaFusion. Note that there’s six audio keyframe points that nearly overlap. Getting to just one of them used to be a challenge.

Attachments:
2B131B54-9E4E-476A-BCA2-B22F93B80765.png
2B131B54-9E4E-476A-BCA2-B22F93B80765.png [ 1.47 MiB | Viewed 2589 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:00 pm 
Expert
Expert

Attachment:
197C1A2F-8DAF-485B-9369-AE6F7A7C0253.jpeg
197C1A2F-8DAF-485B-9369-AE6F7A7C0253.jpeg [ 363.94 KiB | Viewed 2573 times ]
Mark - This is the still photo from which the two face scenes originated. Isn’t it surprising that so much motion and color changes derived from that one still?!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is incredible - especially since all the motion is coming through key-framing... :!:

Lovely ambient music too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

zac.du - Thank you so much!!! Well, not all the motion is coming from LumaFusion keyframing. Rollworld creates most of the motion while LumaFusion adds movement through keyframed pan/zoom and adds additional depth with its Big Pinch effect. Sometimes Big Pinch is Keyframed.

For example, the “blue” jpeg photo shown below was animated in RollWorld into a 30 second clip. Then the color of the clip was changed to green in LF. (The green screenshot below is actually a still from the animated blue jpeg photo.) So, different parts of the blue photo come into (and out of) view based on the RollWorld parameters used to animate the blue photo. It’s not as confusing in practice as it sounds LOL!

Did you catch the title reference (think Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds) LOL!

Tom