Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:03 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.2.1, LumaFX and LumaClip 2.0.2 are now available in the app store!
These updates include numerous UI improvements, performance improvements and bug fixes

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:25 pm 

In this video I am seeing how closely I can recreate the motion designs I originally created in After Effects. As well as LumaFusion, I tried Cute CUT Pro to recreate my intro logo video.
Aside for the stuff made in CCP (I tagged those sections) this whole video was assembled and edited in LumaFusion. It's interesting to see how these apps hold up against a giant Adobe app!

phpBB [video]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:51 am 

Very informative! Thanks for posting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:26 pm 

You might want to check out Bricolage (https://appsto.re/us/0bqY2.i). You're right that there's no motion graphics editor like After Effects on iOS (yet), but Bricolage does allow for some highly complex compositing. It's a node-based compositor/effects-editor, and it doesn't have a timeline, so you have to prep any video assets to hit the times you want before bringing them into Bricolage, but it does have some compelling features. It has a surprisingly clean chromakeyer (IAP), and I've layered six different video elements and a bunch of still elements in some shots.

I think that LumaFusion and Bricolage use the same core effects engine built in to iOS, but their interfaces couldn't be more different. Each has its strengths, and there are some pretty amazing things you can do with them both.

You also might want to look at Animation Pro (https://appsto.re/us/iXDEbb.i), which is a character animation app that would allow you to do the vector-like squash-and-stretch of shapes in your headphone icon. Once rendered from Animation Pro, you could bring that animation into LumaFusion or Bricolage and do further compositing and sweetening.

This was a great video, though, showing how much you can accomplish on an iOS device!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:18 pm 

Wow! Both Bricolage and Animation Pro are amazing apps! Thank you for bringing those to my attention!

Animation Pro is especially promising as a Flash/Animate alternative. More than any other app I've seen.

Bricolage has a very robust engine and the node system is an attractive workflow. I only wish there was a way to pay for all the features at once. What looks like a $6 app becomes a $15 app when you take the time to add up all the IAPs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:16 am 

Glad to share info on these apps. Animation Pro is hands-down my favorite character-animation app. I've used Boom Studio, Moho (Anime Studio Pro), and, yes, even Flash on desktops, as well as pretty much every animation app that's been released for iOS, and while the desktop apps have greater feature depth, something about the touch interface and the way the developer has implemented it makes animating in Animation Pro a pleasure. It takes me back to my mis-spent youth hunched over the dining-room table with a million pieces of cut-out construction paper, making stop-motion animation movies on my Super-8 camera. ("Mom! I can't clear the table for dinner; I'm in the middle of a SHOT!!"). The help files in Animation Pro are also among the best adult-education products I've seen.

I tend to be annoyed by in-app purchases, but I think that Bricolage is very useful even without any of the IAP additions, and I don't mind throwing a few bucks to the developers for added features. But I agree; it'd be nice to have a "buy all features" button, and to have that cost described in the app description. I think the developers are more tech- and less business-inclined, so I'm also willing to give them a pass for the occasional odd business practice. At least they don't try to charge you a subscription fee or a per-render fee as some apps do.... :roll: