Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu May 28, 2020 8:15 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 10:33 am 

Hi Newbie looking for advice.

Hi gifted people of the forum.

I'm an amateur guitar and vocal performer and usually practice with my pal who also plays guitar & sings.

Because of lockdown, we've been unable to meet to practice and so to practice, one of us recordes a video of their performance. We send it to the other person who records their own video whilst listening to the first recorded video in order to get the timing of their video spot on and in synch. They are recorded in 9:16 format

I have tried all ways to synch the two videos together so they appear as one performance on one screen - to no avail! I can get them to play at the same time, but cant get them to synch together close enough to make it sound like a live performance.

Does anyone on here know of a video tutorial they can point me to, or have any advice to offer, so I can achieve the synch? I've looked at lots of tutorials but can't seem to get the right one/technique. I appear to be going around in circles and my head aches...…

Any help offered would be really appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation,

John

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi John

Count in?

Clap?

4 drum beats?

All can be edited out afterwards

That’s how I do it

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 6:40 am 

Hi Lumatouch, thanks for the reply.

I agree that a ‘clap’ would be good for syncing two recordings recorded at the same time and location, but these are separate recordings made in different locations. There‘s the problem. I need a way to synch them together so the voices blend in synch.
I did a lot more reading last night and there seems to be a way of marking the files and using the slow motion to ‘get the together’. But some tutorial videos don’t go into this in great detail - any quick ideas?

Many thanks John

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 8:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If the recordings are made at the same time surely you'd just need to sync the clap?

If musician A claps, won't B hear, record it?

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:16 pm 

Agreed but the recordings have already been made.
I ‘spoke the best thing is to go back an record them again to get the synch right. Then, in future, we know the best thing to do to pull everything together,

Many thanks,

John

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 12:23 pm 
Expert
Expert

Maybe looking at the waveform traces on the clips can help you align them on the timeline. Hopefully some beats are common to both players

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 1:07 am 

Hi Mark & Bingo for your suggestion!

I've just read up on that approach and it's worked on this occasion.

Being a newbie on the programme, I was finding it difficult to see the waveforms; once I found that I could magnify them it made the lining up so easy.

My thanks to all of you on the forum for helping me solve the problem...….

John

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:26 pm 

Quote:
Maybe looking at the waveform traces on the clips can help you align them on the timeline. Hopefully some beats are common to both players
Yep, I think you're right on that one.