Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:24 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:00 pm 

I use a fast SSD for my projects on Premiere (which I blimmin hate) and I'm looking to keep projects on it rather than having them on my internal SSD on the iPad Pro.

The folder "On My iPad" is taking up hundreds of megabytes of space. I have 55 GB free, but that's not the point. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:08 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I use a fast SSD for my projects on Premiere (which I blimmin hate) and I'm looking to keep projects on it rather than having them on my internal SSD on the iPad Pro.

The folder "On My iPad" is taking up hundreds of megabytes of space. I have 55 GB free, but that's not the point. Am I missing something?
You can find a fairly recent discussion with the developers on Youtube. They said that they are looking into this - and there are some challenges, but it is something we may see in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:

You can find a fairly recent discussion with the developers on Youtube. They said that they are looking into this - and there are some challenges, but it is something we may see in the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:17 am 

i see you can save a project on a different disk. it's interesting. becoming full featured.

now to figure out how to do a star wars crawl.....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:00 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Looking forward for this development in the future, it seems relying in ipad storages will never be enough.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:47 am 
Master
Master

Hello Cimota,

Un like a desktop with HD's plugged and running off these HD's like you would generally in FCpro.
IOS or OS candy land not a computer, so currently you can view files from within LF, say from an SD card, WD mycloud, Gnarbox, WD SSD or many other self powered SSD.

All video would be imported note, Gnare box is the only unit that supports in and out's.
The others import the whole video clip.

So bottom line NO ! to your answer.
If it happens in the future which I suspect it will, issues like power loss would become an issue, unless you are stationed at a desk with a power cable which may defeat the point of a tablet work platform.

If it helps any I run into issues of space a lot with my current job.
Moving files into iPad ok, getting them off is a time consuming effort as the export functions appear to be limited by OS.

Example iPad Pro USB3 speed import good, export much slower maybe 12 megs a second.
Others in the group have experimented and posted some stats which with SSD export was quicker.

I hope that helps a little, yes it is frustrating at times, but tablets have been around since Moses and in away we have not moved forwards that much since November 11, 2015 which was the release of the first iPad Pro.

Maybe 2024 could see a bigger leap forwards.

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:04 am 

Necro-ing this thread because I've been doing a lot of edits and just subbed to the Storyblocks footage too.

My new iPad Pro 2020 with the Magic Keyboard is an amazing edit platform with LumaFusion - especially as it has power in a second port and allows swapping of hard disks pretty easily.

Never been so happy to dump Premiere.

(and the Star Wars crawl.....wow that was a bit of a hack)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:16 am 
Master
Master

Hello Cimota,

Do tell more about your working experiences and work flow please.

I presume the second port is in the keyboard side ? (how many ports in total)

USB port built in to the keyboard ?
Plug and play and go?

I would be interested in sending files From iPad to an HD external drive on time scales if you have the time please.
Share a picture or two would be nice.

New toy in lock down nothing better :)

Regards Rob

Ps what is Star Wars crawl ?

Rob Chisholm