Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:54 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:55 pm 

Anyone using a sdcard lightning adapter with LumaFusion and iPad Air gen3? If so what’s your experience? Please see below for additional details.

I have been thinking about getting a card reader for my iPad. I have been reading some of the reviews on the Apple brand and they are not all favorable. Since I will be using it directly with LumaFusion I thought this would be a good place to start.

The video files come from my mavic 2 pro. I usually shoot d.log in h.265.

My current workflow is to copy all the files from my 128gb sd card to my win10 laptop. I then use file explorer (iOS app) to copy the video files to my iPad and then process them with LumaFusion. Once I’m done I upload to YouTube and clean up the video files. My iPad Air is WiFi only 6gb model with about 35gb of free space. This is usually enough space to put together a short video 1-5 minutes.

I have looked at the gnarlbox and plan on purchasing one down the road. For now a simple sdcard adapter would work.

I am currently seeing transfer speeds around 5-8MBs over WiFi. Usb2 to would come close to low end if the adapter performs at true usb2 speeds. If my math is corrects around 4MBs. Even though the transfer rates may be a little slower I would also me able to skip transferring to my laptop. I would hope that I could work directly from the sd card and not keep the originals on my iPad while processing reducing the amount t of storage used on my iPad .

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Madperk

Welcome to the forum

There are loads of posts about this on here (the search facility is poor though)

Have a look for some of RobChisholm's posts

http://www.forums.luma-touch.com/viewto ... f=9&t=8125

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:15 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

SD card transfers should be fairly quick, make sure you use the Apple lightning SD card reader for best performance. 3rd party card readers would likely require it to be powered.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:05 am 
Master
Master

Hello MadPeak,

I am using an iPad Pro gen 1 (iPad Pro at the time were the only units that supported USB 3)
Here are some videos that may help you.
First video probably show you all that you need to know at this point in time.
Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Rob