Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:32 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:55 pm 

Hi everyone- I just bought an apple lightning to USB 3 camera adapter to use with my ipad pro 10.5 running IpadOS 13 beta which is up to date. It does not read SD card(s) when connected to the Ipad through the adapter. It does accept power when a power cable is connected. I've reset the ipad pro, connected the adapter before starting the ipad pro, reset the ipad- to no avail. Apple website says the ipad pro 10.5 in a compatible device.

I checked the adapter with an iphone 6S and an ipad air and they both display the sd card connected with same card reader. The 'seal' on the box the adapter came in was broken and my next step is to return it and get one with an intact seal. My research online tells me the IpadOS 13 beta works with a this adapter.
Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:37 am 
Novice
Novice

iPadOS 13 can have problems reading an SD card if the card doesn't have a name. You could also temporarily move everything off the card and reformat it as ExFAT.

Snapseed, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:50 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That's useful info Garry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:25 am 

Thanks Gary, The sd card from camera was formatted ms-dos(fat).
I reformatted it to exfat. The ipad pro 10.5 still doesn't see the sd and now the iphone and ipad air now don't see it either. I named the sd canon32- could this be the hang-up? To eliminate the adapter I'm going to return it today. To be continued.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:45 am 
Novice
Novice

It should see FAT drives as easily as ExFAT, so that's not the problem. And the card name seems fine, too. And I'm now at the limit of my knowledge about this subject. You could try posting in the official iPad forum, or at https://www.reddit.com/r/iOSBeta/ where you might get a faster reply.

Snapseed, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Duff card maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:54 pm 

So I picked up a new lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter and a new sandisk ultra plus micro card(ExFat). Tried it on my iphone. It immediately asked to update its firmware. I still don't see the SD card name in "Locations" in Files app.
Now I'm wondering if the SD card reader (old usb type A) is faulty. I have a newer one from insignia but it is not compatible with ipad pro 10.5. I can get an apple USB C to SD card reader and a USB 3 male to USB C female data converter. It makes sense that the old Sd card reader is not communicating with the ipad pro.
My ipad pro 10.5's is ipadOS 13.0 (it came with the ipad).
I'm going to update it right away- this could be the answer to my issues? Bill69

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 am 

I’m not sure why but that’s the same issue on the 9.7 i was having i think the iPadOS just isn’t ready. When i plugged in the had card and held it with my fingers it would show up and when I’d let go it would disappear..BUT on my iPhone XS Max the sd lighting worked and showed up . Go to files my self card was there with a usb symbol and the name untitled i, not sure is the 10.5 will read it right until the official release however you can use it on you iPhone and blue tooth it over to your iPad effortlessly. My phone flow for the passed week has been amazing !. Weirdly the 12.9 pro i ha e doesn’t have the same issue idk if it’s the usbc or what not

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:03 pm 

I assume your ipad is the 2018 9.7. If so your device has a USB C port. My 10.5 is a 2017 model and its USb 3 and I'm stuck with the lightning port. The USB C port should make your devices communicate better.
I agree with you that iPadOS 13 needs work. There are a lot videos on YT that have demos attaching flashdrives, ssd's, hdd's +. I have been quite frustrated with several issues. I'm slammed now and I won't have time to update my iPadOS 13 beta & play with it soon.
Fjordstrom Travel and Tech (I believe he's a developer) has a YT playlist dedicated to iPadOS 13. Some interesting stuff here.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... FtyepPnM0d

I suspect we'll have to wait for the official release of iPadOS 13 (I heard its coming in Nov (via BEST BUY Apple rep.)