Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:08 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:29 am 
Novice
Novice

I love the new LumaFusion 2.0! Love the features, love the interface.

BUT, there are issues that have come to light as I'm editing several project over the last two weeks.

I have a 10.5" iPad Pro with 256GB. I am also editing 5 videos for a project (all have a similar template).Each of these videos is a 2 min. video. All of these with one video track, one title track, and two audio tracks.

At the same time I'm editing a 47 min video (of a parade with 11 marching bands). This uses 4 video tracks and one title track.

I have run out of space on the iPad and trying to export the zip file of these videos gives me a "run out of space" error.

Also, writing these .spryzip files takes FOREVER! I tried to export the 47 min. marching band video with 50% power remaining on the iPad only to run out of power before the file finished.

Exporting the other 2 min. files takes over an hour!! And this is doing it with the trimmed video.

I have deleted the large marching band video to make space for the other video projects and to be able to actually export the .spryzip without running out of space, and yet the marching band videos brought into LF remain with no way to delete them. All I can hope for is to archive my 5 other videos, delete them, delete LF from my iPad and reinstall.

Maybe my workflow isn't correct, but the limitations and slow writing of archive files in LF 2 is frustrating.

Any pointers or advice in my workflow is appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:14 am 
Master
Master

Wow what did you record at Red one level only joking.

I do this export the zip files to a wd my cloud 2 tb over wifi iOS no issues on space.
Down side for you is the write speeds would be slow, their is a ethernet adapter for iPad to my cloud ethernet port, speed be 100 megs write.

Other option if you have a pc or Mac laptop ?

mobimover_mac_free think you can only transfer 500 megs in one size file for free , gigs at less than 500 megs.

3rd option is my passport wd to down load from this drive a 500 megs file to iPad Pro 2 takes 25 seconds, suspect write speed would be the same.

So the mobimover_mac_free is a cable from iPad to say desktop usb 3 speed, let me know how you get on please.

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:37 am 
Novice
Novice

Thank you, Rob. Part of the issue is the slow writing of the .spryzip file. I will say they are 4K video files, but I truncate them so as to not take up so much space. The 46 min. video was excruciatingly slow and I had to abandon it and just deleted it after creating the final. So I won't be able to re-edit it, but it wasn't important to be able to anyway.

The other 2 min. videos are also taking a lot of time to write the .spryzip file. This seems to be a really slow process. I hope this gets addressed for future updates. Maybe when the .XML export option is available it will be different.

Maybe I'll have to invest in the WD WiFi drive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi shanezep

What version of IOS are you using please?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 am 
Master
Master

Hello shanezep,

Don’t buy WD until your certain and researched a lot.
My WD do not match speeds for video and the journey of desktop to iOS candy land been like a sales man selling me triple glazing in a Saudi desert.

Let Daddy Dave know the iOS your on just in case the issues a simple one.

I only use now session 4 go pro and an iPhone 5 to make my videos.
Their are for sure to be some areas in recording formats that will have hiccups.

Example WD will say you can read raw files for my camera, I say well no preview, WD say should be.
Bottom some don’t work with some software.

One of the reason I record in what works, is so I know I be able to work with this on the iOS side.

Most of my Final Cut Pro res if not all does not work in LumaFusion add in after effects stuff, well it did not work before last year.

How about quick experiment shanezep, video on your camera or take a clip you used in the recent issue.
Place in new project no effects export zip it up, what was the out come?
If it helps any compared to other experiences in life I have had.

LumaFusion have gone out of their way to find solutions when I am beta testing, this maybe one of these scenarios which LumaFusion relish upon.

So last resort email LumaFusion directly you have their email ?

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

Today I did a screen capture on what I'm talking about with the painstakingly slow writing of the bloated spryzip files.

A 1:47 video took 2 hours and 39 mins to write and upload to a 64GB Sandisk iXpand drive. It also took 55% of the iPad's power, and 59GB of the Sandisk's space.

Things of note:
iOS Version: 12.3.1
LF Version: 2.0.1.994
iPad Pro 10.5" 256GB Memory

Video Length: 1:46:24
Exporting the FULL backup with original media says it would take 15.62 GB
Exporting the trimmed version says it will take 1.19 GB
Following through and writing the project does not give any indication of how long it will take, nor how big the final file is. We are to assume it would be 1.19 GB.
After 46 mins of waiting, LF starts to write a 59GB file to iXpand!
It took the iPad from 55% power down to 7% power.
A message at the end states that the Project upload is complete, but that 8 media items failed to export (this is not good).

This is very inefficient. Not only does this render my iPad unproductive for almost 3 hours, I then have to be tethered to a power source for another 2-3 hours until it is fully charged. Like I stated earlier, the time I save using LumaFusion over another editing platform is more than offset by the time it takes to back up my video project.

If you want to use this as a production platform, it has a ways to go. I was so hoping.

Here is a link to a condensed video of my screen capture: https://youtu.be/kkWNfxbNNNA

I have five, 2 min. video projects that I need to back up and get off my iPad to make room for more. I deleted my 46 min. video project because I did not have enough space on my Sandisk iXpand drive, and the iPad ran out of power before it would finish writing to the drive.

Note: the Lightning port is occupied by the Sandisk drive, so you cannot charge the iPad while LF is backing up to the drive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi shanezep

Just as a test, to eliminate the SanDisk, can you render the package to the RenderedMovies folder and maybe to somewhere else like Dropbox

I just did a test with a similar sized project to yours and it took seconds to RenderedMovies and a couple of minutes to Dropbox

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with the SanDisk, I’m just trying to find the bottleneck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:38 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi Dave,

Ok, I have started a screen capture writing the project to a file on the iPad. I will post the results when it's finished.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:25 am 
Master
Master

Wow that must be frustrating.
You probably feel like a hamster treading a wheel.
Just repeating everything hang in their.

I think I can see the answer, only issues are space.
The ixpand scandisk has to removed from this situation.

I need to think it through some more.

One question do you have a laptop / desktop handy with space?

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm

Last edited by RobChisholm on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:39 am 
Novice
Novice

Ok, this test was similar with the exception that after taking the 45 mins. to write the file, an error message came up stating that there is not enough space. Clicking OK closes down the process and brings me back to LF.

There is 85GB of free space on my iPad.

So the writing process is way too slow, plus for some reason LF thinks my iPad is full.