Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:20 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:23 pm 

Hey Guys,
Just a quick question. Most users on YouTube seem to be using the iPad pro for their editing on lumafusion. I'm wanting to move to a more mobile solution than a laptop that is more economical. Will the 2018 iPad 6th gen fit the bill for editing mainly 1080p footage?
Also side question. Is there any word on when masking might be a thing in lumafusion or even something like scopes for colour grading? I feel like if those two features were on the platform then a lot of professionals would view it as a serious competitor to fcpx and premiere.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

I use 2018 iPad 6th gen 128 GB to edit 4k24p and 4k30p videos recorded with iphone xr. It works well. 3 parallel video tracks play still smoothly. Rendering to 4k is about realtime. I have also tried to edit 4 video from actual cameras like Olympus EM10III and Palasonic GH5 - works OK but those files are heavier than iphone, for example I could play only one track of GH5 4k60p 150 Mbps smoothly. It should be very fast for 1080p. In my test 1080p rendering is 3 times faster than realtime. Once I had problem when rendering 11 min 4k video with lot of small clips. It failed before completing (just died). After restarting ipad, it rendered OK.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also have the iPad 6th Gen 128G and its works great. I only use it for video and photo editing. It will handle 4K 60fps with no problem. I haven't created videos longer than 4 minutes so I guess you can find out for us :lol: