Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:01 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:48 am 

Good afternoon, I’ve been using LumaFusion for over a year now, thank you so much, I love the app. However, as I’m sure you are aware it was still a little buggy, I think I was running 1.7 vers.
My problem started Saturday eve, after I made a simple 1 track edit to trim a 1minute video made on an iPhone 8. I downloaded media to ‘files’ and then saved to my photos app to import to Instagram. All went fine, I double clicked and swiped closed LumaFusion, this is where I believe the problem may have started..... sometimes when I have closed the app I have noticed upon reopening that it didn’t shutdown properly and is still in the state it was when it was last closed.... on Sunday I came to start work on 4 hours of footage😨opened the app and it wouldn’t open, just the startup page showing the logo and then it would ‘fail to open’ logo would disappear back to homepage logo.
So I started investigating what could be the cause. For some unbeknown reason to myself the app along with some others had ‘auto’ updated, and I believe this is where the problem lies. If I double click the home button when the app is trying to open it shows the app with the last project I edited but in a crashed/frozen state.. none of the controls/features will operate. It shows for 2 secs-12secs before crashing again.
It seems to me the app crashed on shutting down and didn’t in fact shutdown correctly.
When I go to App Store it shows as as vers 2.0 updated and the update button reads open, which when pressed takes me to the crashed/frozen LumaFusion logo that fails to open, but when double clicked whilst in this state shows vers 1.7 frozen with the last project I worked on...
I have closed iPad, updated to latest IOS 12.3.1, reset iPad, many times and tried to open the app in many various combinations all to no avail.
I have 40 odd projects with luts and other favourite texts and overlays saved in app and I’m going to lose it all if I have to delete and reinstall.....
Can you think of anything that might help me please???
Many thanks
Doug

Sent from my iPad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Doug079

There's a 2.0.x update due very soon that may fix your problem

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:30 am 

Thanks Dave. Any idea how imminent? I have work waiting.....🤒

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's with Apple

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:21 pm 

Quote:
It's with Apple
Thanks Dave. I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing? 😂

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:42 pm 

I thought by now someone might have been along to recommend I backup my work elsewhere as well as the iPad. 🧐

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:22 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

V2.0.1 now in app store

FIXED:
• Crash on startup for some users with a large number of LUTs in their projects
• Crash on export on some versions of iOS
• Issues with downloaded media for Photos and Storyblocks
• Other stability and performance issues

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:15 am 

Quote:
V2.0.1 now in app store

FIXED:
• Crash on startup for some users with a large number of LUTs in their projects
• Crash on export on some versions of iOS
• Issues with downloaded media for Photos and Storyblocks
• Other stability and performance issues
Thanks Dave... It didn’t work for me. Deleted and re-installed. Lost a years work🤦🏼‍♂️.
Loving updated app, although contrary to some internet ambassador’s claims, the app it is still very buggy.
Looking forward to version 2.0.2.
Thanks for your assistance👍

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:55 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

What bugs are you seeing Doug?

What version of IOS are you using?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:43 am 

Quote:
What bugs are you seeing Doug?

What version of IOS are you using?
Hi Dave, IOS 12.3.1. iPad Pro 10.5” 512gb

App doesn’t open on first attempt, crashes and I have to open again, where it reads
“there was a problem opening app in the project you were working on, chose your project and report if prob persists” then, once I chose the project (there is only one, I lost all my previous work deleting and re-installing app) then it opens.

Edits made to shadow and highlights are not playing back consistently, sometimes clips playback edited sometimes they don’t🤷‍♂️

When I try and save project, it shows trimmed save as larger than full save???, subsequently I don’t know which to save in🤦🏼‍♂️, don’t know if this is bug, or my ignorance?

There are others, I will make a note of them and pass that on as and when I come across them again.

Thanks for keeping in touch👍