Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:40 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:54 am 

Hi. I’m new to this forum and been using LumaFusion for a few months learning along the way. I have about 7 videos now in Luma on my iPad and want to save them to my Seagate to free up the iPad. I would like to render them at the highest quality with all files so I can bring back into Luma if required and work on them. What would be your workflow to do this. I have the iPad RAV Filehub and Seagate external memory. Thanks for taking the time to read this

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Max

I am assuming you can read and write normally to your external drive (sorry, I don't have a RAV file hub)

If you render the project then LF will output the timeline to produce a single file which does not store any clip information etc but will be 'your finished movie'

If you want to go back and work on a project then you need to archive it

So use Share/Export -> LumaFusion Project Package

Then select your destination

Then select
Attachment:
fullsizeoutput_37a2.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_37a2.jpeg [ 91.18 KiB | Viewed 352 times ]
If you select 'Full Original Media' you will include the whole untrimmed media (although you will only see your timeline clip)

If you select 'Trimmed Media' you will still be able to go back and work on it but you will only have a second or so either side of each clip to work on

If you've deleted everything off your iThing you can go back and restore the project and media when you're ready

Does that make sense?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:06 am 
Master
Master

Max,

which RAV Filehub do you have ?

this I think is just fat files windows only as per amazons description so I am interested to know more please.

with RAV Filehub it is a slow wi fi transfer method, or hot spot.

Dave said what to do LF will shelf the file as a lump - It is the current method I currently do as I save these files off the IOS all together.

Post your results when you have time and welcome on board.

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm