Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:32 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just installed 2.0 (Great enhancements!), and I found something that’s behaving differently than on the last version. All of my videos are generally in the camera roll, in 2.0, when I import any of these videos into LF, it makes a copy of that video in the LumaFusion/LibraryMedia/PhotoLibrary.

I can see doing this if the media is on an external disk (IOS 13), is this expected functionality? It didnt do this in the last version.

Again, great update!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:40 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, this is now expected behaviour

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:07 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks Dave, so once imported, I can delete the videos from the camera roll I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You can, but I wouldn't unless I was sure I had a backup somewhere else (that's just me being scaredy)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:20 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Of course:). I will probably just add the media to UserMedia first then import to LF.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:31 pm 
Adept
Adept

First of all, congratulations to the LumaTouch team on this fantastic update!

This is what I noticed:

Adding a video to a project, adds the full video to the PhotoLibrary folder.
Removing a video from a project, removes the full video from the PhotoLibrary folder.

However, if you delete the project, and all its backups , videos added to the project, are not deleted from the PhotoLibrary folder.

MVE
https://www.youtube.com/user/In7egral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
First of all, congratulations to the LumaTouch team on this fantastic update!

This is what I noticed:

Adding a video to a project, adds the full video to the PhotoLibrary folder.
Removing a video from a project, removes the full video from the PhotoLibrary folder.

However, if you delete the project, and all its backups , videos added to the project, are not deleted from the PhotoLibrary folder.

MVE
https://www.youtube.com/user/In7egral
I see the same thing and there is no way to see those files from LumaFusion.

Also, if you optimized a project and deleted it, the optimized files remain. But LumaFusion does let you see those files.

In one case it appeared that it moved the files (not copied) and I ended up with two copies of each file.

In my longer project LumaFusion was reluctant to show a preview for some images and videos. I had to click on those to edit and go back and the the preview in the timeline was updated.

I’m not convinced this copying the files is the best way to go. It puts a real premium on storage.

I can also confirm some of the files get copied twice. Even if you delete the copy, it the copied files, comes back with the project being opened.

I think you need to think hard about upgrading and what it will do to your storage requirements.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:34 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hmm curious. I wondered if this avoided the issue of Photos off-loading clips to the cloud by backing them up in LumaFusion’s PhotoLibrary folder. I could delete this copy in the Files app but not from LumaFusion. From a memory point of view when deleting in the Files app you also need to delete from the Recently Deleted folder in Files. Otherwise I find your device backups can suddenly become enormous.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:52 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hmm curious. I wondered if this avoided the issue of Photos off-loading clips to the cloud by backing them up in LumaFusion’s PhotoLibrary folder. I could delete this copy in the Files app but not from LumaFusion. From a memory point of view when deleting in the Files app you also need to delete from the Recently Deleted folder in Files. Otherwise I find your device backups can suddenly become enormous.
Correct. But the real problem is in my opinion is if you bring video off an SD card it has to go into the photo library and then when you put it into luma fusion, it makes a copy. So you had better have a lot of storage.

Even if you do delete the videos in the photo library afterwards.

Also, for some reason, not sure why, Lumafusion makes two copies of some files.

I had one project with duplicates of every file.

I would probably have waited had I known this.

I had an issue with rendering with the sound and this upgrade did not fix it.

I’ve already had it crash and 1.7 did not.

It appears that the timeline preview is slower to update.

I would think hard about not upgrading.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:13 pm 
Expert
Expert

[/quote]
But the real problem is in my opinion is if you bring video off an SD card it has to go into the photo library and then when you put it into luma fusion, it makes a copy. So you had better have a lot of storage.
[/quote]

I avoid copying into Photos by using a Shortcut from the Share sheet. It has two actions. The first is Make Archive which combines the selected videos into an archive. Then a share action where I choose Airdrop to send them from iPhone to iPad. The iPad ask what app to use for the archive and you can choose LumaFusion and the UserMedia folder.
Hopefully this sort of thing will be easier in iOS 13/iPadOS