Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:53 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Re: Lumafusion 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:37 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Its the same if you plan to buy a new iPad or iPhone or smth. like that. Mhmm...do I buy? Or do I wait...

You can wait forever if you want, because it will always come a better, newer or bigger version of a product.

In my opinion: don't wait, just do it! (Shia LaBouf Voice) :D
I cordially disagree. I do not think it is about waiting for a long time. It is more about the developer's commitment to releases. For example with Affinity Designer and Photo, their releases are very few and far between. So we have no choice but to take the leap of faith. But with Overcast (the podcast app), I know a x.1 release is going to be released shortly after a major release). In fact in their last major release of 5.1, we got updated to 5.1.1 quickly - within a month if I remember right. Same deal with Lumafusion... about a month between .1 updates.

I have ALWAYS regretted getting the brand new version. Same with getting new cars (and computer hardware).

Mostly, I have benefitted greatly from waiting just a bit on x.1.

Based on knobbydave's reply, I will wait 'til 2.1.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I think it will be while yet until 2.0 appears for us. As the stuff on tw*tter implies it’s just a developer preview

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:25 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Video presentation

https://m.facebook.com/562781130406798/ ... 41?sfns=mo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:15 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks Rene

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:50 pm 
Adept
Adept

More details. Also Filmic and Gnarbox.
https://9to5mac.com/2019/04/10/nab-2019 ... o-gnarbox/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:02 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks Mark
Attachment:
Screenshot 2019-04-10 at 20.56.57.png
Screenshot 2019-04-10 at 20.56.57.png [ 258.39 KiB | Viewed 816 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:51 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Whoa... I did not see any wires in Henny's demo...

Is Luma wirelessly connected to an external monitor?

If so, mind was blown.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:13 pm 

Good to see how quickly the updates are coming. I am new to LumaFusion, and I just bought LumaFusion 1.7.7 a couple of weeks ago. Am I correct to assume the update to 2.0 will be included in my purchase price?

Also, does anyone have any idea what the recommended hardware specs will be for the updated feature set for LF 2.0? I'm thinking 6 video tracks plus 12 audio tracks (including the ones from the video tracks) is going to stress some machines out. My iPad Pro 10.5" (which I also bought just a few weeks ago on sale, after the iPad Air came out), does fine with my 8-bit 4Kp30 h.265 HEVC video from my iPhone, so that scrubbing through a single video track is very good and scrubbing through three simultaneous video tracks is also decent. Furthermore, real-time playback of 3 simultaneous video tracks with some light effects and overlays is perfect. Exports are also near real-time. I'm quite impressed at the performance of LF 1.7.7 in this regard on my 2017 iPad Pro with 4 GB RAM.

Will the same be true with the heavier loads that LF 2.0 can handle, or would you recommend significantly heavier duty hardware? I guess at this point the only real heavier duty hardware available would be the iPad 11" or 12.9" (3rd generation), but is their memory going to be enough to handle all that? Now that Apple has released a 6 GB iPad, I figure developers are targeting that to a certain extent, and I wonder if LumaFusion 2.0 under heavier loads would already actually need that.

BTW, are LumaFusion exports always hardware accelerated on supported hardware? The reason I ask is because for my first short test video, the export times were all virtually identical and near real-time, regardless if I chose 4K h.264 or 4k h.265, and for the latter it also didn't matter if it was Standard, Quality, Extreme, or Ultra. If hardware encoded, at what point does the hardware encoder get overwhelmed? What about for scrubbing?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:34 pm 
Adept
Adept

I can see why you might be worried but I’m sure that as always the LumaFusion developers are making every effort to make the new version run as smoothly as possible on as many devices as they can. Meanwhile the current version is great too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:40 pm 

Quote:
I can see why you might be worried but I’m sure that as always the LumaFusion developers are making every effort to make the new version run as smoothly as possible on as many devices as they can. Meanwhile the current version is great too.
I’m not really worried about the performance for myself, as 3+3 tracks will likely be more than sufficient for my needs 99% of the time, in the near term at least. I’m more curious from the technical stand point, mainly just out of interest’s sake, and also because it would guide my next purchase too, whenever that may be. Also, it could be useful information for those contemplating buying new hardware now. If they have more hardcore video editing needs than me, will they really benefit from going with 6 GB RAM, even if they don’t need 1 TB of storage?

Hopefully the software upgrade to LF 2.0 won’t cost more though, considering I bought 1.7.7 only two weeks ago.