Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:32 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Re: LAN WAN
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:43 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Hello StonedEdit,

Here’s my test over WAN - is your test LAN or WAN ?

I have written on the screen grab some information.

If your using LAN wow in the Netherlands it’s so much faster I’m jealous.

Do tell me more please.

Ps StonedEdit, hope to see some review videos of the new camera you bought please.
The man from NZ here in the forum made a very good review, maybe you can add more information please.

Regards Rob
Yes, the Speedtest was over WAN. By that I mean that the app was contacting a server on the internet which IT downloaded and uploaded data to. I love the DJI Osmo Pocket, so small and handy. I dont fele the need to do a review on IT, AS there are tons of review videos about in on YouTube already.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:52 am 
Expert
Expert

Hello Luke,

Thank you for the time and information you have supplied, a little more enlighten now.
Still have many questions which you probably will know I hope.

Here is the router “Sky Hub Wi-Fi up to 'wireless n' 802.11n 2.5 ghz

The idea of a switch makes sense.

Here are my questions.

If i download from the WWW with the current system, downloads average 14 megs over WAN.
If i download over LAN downloads drop to 3 mb’s were say (vastly depends upon which app i choose, this was done with no other loading on the router)

You mention the load on the router hence use a switch, why would the download using the router be so much of a difference with WAN and LAN?

If i were to upgrade with a switch and a 5 GHz router from my 3 mbs how much more of a speed would i notice ? ( did you read the WD specs for this WD ? They are above and state the actual speeds )

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:57 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Here is the router “Sky Hub Wi-Fi up to 'wireless n' 802.11n 2.5 ghz
Hi, Rob.

1. This is not the name of the router model. There are several models called Sky Hub. You again and again suggest me to guess. But already by the common name of the line of routers, I realized that this is not the best choice.
:arrow: Sky Hub is too slow...
Quote:
a good number of ‘up to 76Mbps’ customers would have to connect to the router using an Ethernet cable to use their connection’s full speed, or buy a third-party router to get the maximum speed over Wi-Fi.
2. Most likely you have an Sky Hub ASDL router, such as in the picture. Pay attention to “Cons”. Or :arrow: Sky Hub 2.
3. WD My Cloud has a 1000 Mbps Ethernet connection port. And Sky Hubs - only 100 Mbps both models.
Based on all of the above, you should change the router. And given the fact that the provider gives DSL, change the provider.

4. If you do not want to change the provider and the router, then you can do this: buy a gigabit switch and an Asus RT-AC68U router, which must be configured as an access point. On Sky Hub, turn off WI-FI. Connect Sky Hub, WD My Cloud and access point to gigabit switch.

5. Any questions on the Sky Hub router are best asked on the profile forum:https://helpforum.sky.com

Attachments:
1CEB7B04-24EB-4A4C-B099-3C5189649ADC.jpeg
1CEB7B04-24EB-4A4C-B099-3C5189649ADC.jpeg [ 98.91 KiB | Viewed 313 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:40 am 
Expert
Expert

Hello Luke,

Thank you for the advise yes that is the router in the image, they in UK supply one of 2 routers.

The one you have shown is the one I have.

Here we are limited to copper cable and we are also limited to which option we can have.

So no fibre here etc.

I can change the router of course, what is the max speed can I achieve do you think ?

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:52 pm 
Adept
Adept

Rob, if you upgrade your local network as I described in step 4, you can get an exchange rate of around 30 MB/s via Wi-Fi. It is important that the gigabit switch becomes the central device and WD My Cloud will be connected to it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:34 am 
Expert
Expert

Thank you for the updated information Luke,

I will research a little more before purchasing equipment.

Question Luke I liked answered please, Over wifi only using your iPad Pro ?

What read write speeds on the iPad can you achieve?
Let me know your method and app please.

Example to bring in video you can use LumaFusion within LumaFusion interface a WD drive symbol appears. (synology box ?)

Or I use app WD app this downloads in the background- other app I used is file browser however from memory does not download unless app is in the foreground.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:35 am 
Expert
Expert

WD forum

Attachments:
19CAEFC6-4D17-4B5E-865F-588AF4576BBD.jpeg
19CAEFC6-4D17-4B5E-865F-588AF4576BBD.jpeg [ 595.96 KiB | Viewed 63 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:37 am 
Expert
Expert

WD icon is their one for synology ? Luke

Attachments:
E98DBAEF-0115-4562-A013-C49E6800BBB6.jpeg
E98DBAEF-0115-4562-A013-C49E6800BBB6.jpeg [ 1.68 MiB | Viewed 63 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:46 am 
Adept
Adept

Rob, I can't help you with your last request, since I don't have WD My Cloud. And I already wrote earlier what I prefer. Some of which have already been described here and here.
You already wrote somewhere here about horses and barge.
Quote:
Like saying do you wish to take a taxi to the airport or go by barge cannel pulled by horses.
WD My Cloud is more like a rickshaw. Making the right choice is one of the most interesting activities. Isn’t it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:12 pm 
Expert
Expert

Hi Luke,

Sadly in written communication it appears all fails or your unable to answers my questions perhaps ?

Is it my grammar ?

WD I not asking this, I asked do you have a icon for Synology come up ? In LumaFusion

Yes or no answer please.

Originally the question which I not had a direct answer is based upon.

1. iPad Pro
2. Synology
3. LAN over wi fi

You mention your preferred method, this however relates in no connection to the questions I have asked.

So without this information based upon your advise I have no factual material just guesses.

So if at all possible use the above 1 to 3 and read write test is the required information I need please.

I do hope what I have written does not sound too harsh.

Regards Rob