Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:12 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:27 pm 
Expert
Expert

- It's tiny! The reviews said it was but even so it surprised me. It fits happily in my (slim) hands. Yes you can casually keep it in your pocket (maybe not in your tight jeans!) - no backpack required.
- It's well built, and feels secure. Obviously the gimbal head is potentially delicate but is designed to give way if pushed about. The slim case locks everything in place and is simple to slide into.
- The screen is tiny but clear, and fine for framing the main subject. No you can't see enough detail to check focus or exposure, but just trusting it seems to work at least as well as Camera on my iPhone. (I haven't got time for manual focus and exposure. I want auto and if it's pretty much reliable that'll do because it easier when taking quick clips often.)
- Yes you can also attach it via the lightning connector to your phone and use the phone as a viewfinder for focus details and more elaborate control. Reviewers have said the connection is insecure but it seems firm enough on my iPhone X.
- I've loved the smooth stability of the videos. It will hold beautifully still or pan smoothly, easing in and out of the motion. Woohoo - smooth pans at last! You can do slow motion and subject tracking but I haven't bothered yet.
- You are allowed to quickly aim the gimbal head by turning it with your fingers. Easy.
- The 4K/30fps clips I take won't download directly to my iPad through the lightning connector (just to an iPhone). Instead I put the microSD card into my Adata card reader and can copy the clips directly into the LumaFusion folder in Files (and no need to fill up Photos with temporary clips).
- The screen is 4x3 and landscape videos are shown in fill screen mode so the edges of the shot can't be seen. I can't say that this has bothered me but it's good to remember at times.
- The three gimbal modes have confusing names and aren't explained well but they are forgiving of your ignorance! Generally in any mode the camera will try to hold steady and gently pan when you turn it. The Tilt and "FPV" modes let you tilt and roll the view more readily and in Follow mode you can select a subject to track.
- You'll still get a bouncy look if you shoot while walking. The horizon will be rock steady but nearby things will appear to go up and down. You can avoid this a bit by ninja walking and by not walking next to a fence or wall! From what I've seen online mounting it on your mountain bike (with the accessory) would be stupid.

So the Osmo Pocket clearly isn't for long productions and it certainly isn't an action cam, but for convenient, unobtrusive, travel and walk-about recording, it's just fantastic. If you're more of a big gear, painstaking setup and adjustments person, you might not have a use for it! If you haven't got the idea by now - I love this thing. Cancel my request for stabilising in LumaFusion!

https://youtu.be/VFHvqTq9EtI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:25 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for your experience. I have one on order and realize it is not a video genie in a lamp, but should but could provide some nice alternative footage to my iPhone X. Depending on the mounting, there are definitely some options the phone can’t match.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:18 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Good review Mark.

Sounds great for the sort of stuff you do

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:30 am 
Expert
Expert

Thank you for the review Mark,

Very useful information regards to transferring to the iPad.
How easy is it to eject the SD card ?

I only ask as the session go pro SD micro card difficult to remove.

Regards Rob

Ps gave you a thumbs up. Nice place is this NZ

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:40 am 
Expert
Expert

Yeah the card is a bit awkward. You have to poke it with your fingernail. I gues microSDs are always like that.
We probably had the only day when those windmills weren’t in much wind. The Tararuas are notorious for wind. You would love it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 am 
Expert
Expert

Hello Mark,

Just checking in to ask about the on going "Osmo Pocket" experiences ?
How are you finding the Osmo any other tips advise you can add please?

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:28 am 
Expert
Expert

Mark

Does the iPad Pro work ( I think you have one) with the app osmo pocket and your osmo pocket camera as in my iPhone 5 too old for the app software osmo pocket App Store said where as osmo say 10.0 and above I read.

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:07 am 
Expert
Expert

Any ideas Mark ?

Attachments:
5EA039EC-A2FE-4D9D-A09A-7FBECF0DFDB2.jpeg
5EA039EC-A2FE-4D9D-A09A-7FBECF0DFDB2.jpeg [ 1.29 MiB | Viewed 300 times ]

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:10 am 
Expert
Expert

The image with ! In red I plugged into iPad, later I plugged the SD card into the out dated iPhone 5.
This accepted the files and then air dropped to iPad Pro, not so pro

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:46 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi Rob. I’m a bit embarrassed to say that I’m on holiday in Scotland/England and didn’t bring it with me. Why? Because although I really like the OP’s steadiness, and especially the ability to pan smoothly, I prefer the instant access I have to the camera on my iPhone because I don’t have to take it out of the case and wait for it to start up. Likewise when I’m putting it back in my pocket. I also often use the 2x lens on my iPhone.
Anyway I’m not really up to date with it now.
I do think I read something that the it wouldn't work with 4K on the iPad Pro but I can't remember exactly what that was about. It was supposed to be fixed with a firmware update?