Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:34 am

All times are UTC-07:00


For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules


We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.



Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:21 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:41 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Norway
Hardware tests comparing the new Ipad Pro 2018 against other laptops when it comes to video editing and exporting
a 4K clip, shows that the new Ipad Pro will be a great platform to use for video editing. Now its just up to the software to keep up, and to
provide functionality that can tap into its potential.

https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/lapto ... 8-129-inch


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:57 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm
Posts: 531
So Stoned edit, have you bought one ?

I was ready to buy and make payment in August with a part x in store. Happy to wait and leave her money with them.
Unfortunately no one could answer any questions, then I went into the next tax year.

So item out now, but i hear nothing in connection with the areas I hoped would be improved upon.

Here’s my rants :) just interested in your views please.

The other big (and overdue) design change on the iPad Pro 12.9 is the USB-C port, which enables users to connect the tablet to an external monitor (up to 5K),

- I currently mirror to TV 📺 - so why is USB-C an advantage here ?
Does it stretch the screen ?

As in tv left and right are black lines of course, same if I bought a adapter for my monitor I believe ?-




digital cameras and other devices.

- Affinity cannot process RAW images like say RAW in photoshop, think only Lightroom supports this at some subscriptions service. So I probably still use photoshop and I could of before bought an adapter for usb connection of the camera, so where is the advantages here with USB-C ? -


Some users will lament that the headphone jack got zapped as well, but many of us have already moved on to wireless headphones, anyway.

- and for people with editing video they lag in old blue tooth 4.1 is very old and out dated . Bluetooth 5 can hold I think 4 times in transit.

Ie people use hard wired when working with audio due to lag times.

Presumably Apple included an adapter with the i-ad Pro 3 ? -


Overall, I like the design of the iPad Pro, but I wish Apple had included a kickstand like the Surface Pro 6 and Galaxy Book 2 have.

- no way does this mean at that price theirs no case included really ! -

Good find StonedEDIT anymore do post, I agree software can play catch up and the over all IOS experience my improve.
Regards Rob


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:13 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:41 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Norway
Quote:
So Stoned edit, have you bought one ?

I was ready to buy and make payment in August with a part x in store. Happy to wait and leave her money with them.
Unfortunately no one could answer any questions, then I went into the next tax year.

So item out now, but i hear nothing in connection with the areas I hoped would be improved upon.

Here’s my rants :) just interested in your views please.

The other big (and overdue) design change on the iPad Pro 12.9 is the USB-C port, which enables users to connect the tablet to an external monitor (up to 5K),

- I currently mirror to TV 📺 - so why is USB-C an advantage here ?
Does it stretch the screen ?

As in tv left and right are black lines of course, same if I bought a adapter for my monitor I believe ?-




digital cameras and other devices.

- Affinity cannot process RAW images like say RAW in photoshop, think only Lightroom supports this at some subscriptions service. So I probably still use photoshop and I could of before bought an adapter for usb connection of the camera, so where is the advantages here with USB-C ? -


Some users will lament that the headphone jack got zapped as well, but many of us have already moved on to wireless headphones, anyway.

- and for people with editing video they lag in old blue tooth 4.1 is very old and out dated . Bluetooth 5 can hold I think 4 times in transit.

Ie people use hard wired when working with audio due to lag times.

Presumably Apple included an adapter with the i-ad Pro 3 ? -


Overall, I like the design of the iPad Pro, but I wish Apple had included a kickstand like the Surface Pro 6 and Galaxy Book 2 have.

- no way does this mean at that price theirs no case included really ! -

Good find StonedEDIT anymore do post, I agree software can play catch up and the over all IOS experience my improve.
Regards Rob
Rob, i have ordered the new Ipad Pro, but i am still waiting for it, i hope tp have it around november 22nd.
So I cant answer your questions about if its better with USB-C to monitor and such. I dont have a monitor, and dont plan to buy one.
Though it could be interesting to use USB-C to connect to a TV, to have the rendered video go to the TV, while editing.Though i dont know if a USB-C to HDMI adapter exists?
Cant Affinity Photo not process RAW images? To me it looks like it can, but you mean that you may loose some information from the RAW editing to the next stage (Develop Persona)?.

Ipad Pro 2018 have Bluetooth 5.0.
As for not having a minijack output on the Ipad, Apple did not include a USB-C to Minijack adapter unfortunately, so that i have to buy seperately.

I agree the price is very expensive, but hopefully it will last me quite a few years.

As for LumaFusion, I look forward to the next release as well (1.8), and the next one after that and so on. Cause LF has great potential, and there are still so many areas it could improve on and add new needed features. I do understand its a small company, with limited resources. And a business has to survive, and as LumaFusion users, we want the company to survive, so they can keep improving on the software.
So if they would start with add-ins that you pay for, i think that is a way to go forward as well. I wonder how many users of LumaFusion there are? Hopefully, there will be many more of them in the next coming years.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:22 am 
Offline
Expert
Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm
Posts: 531
Hello StonedEdit,

Nice in depth response, looking forwards to your results.
Are you using perhaps IPP first generation?

If so you could perhaps make some bench marks on render exports please ?
Maybe you part x in store your older iPad ? (how much did you sell for? )

If you have an Apple TV you can currently mirror to tv - I often do this when drawing.

I still have my A3 Wacom tablet and do miss this experience.

With RAW images what I miss is the experience of when you put the said RAW image into photoshop, before you press open.

You can adjust many areas before hand, in Affinity this area has been excluded, why I have never had a straight answer.

AP is quite limited at the RAW stage, photoshop coming to the IOS environment it is rumoured.
In the year 2019

Exciting times as we leave the older methods and machines behind.
Looking back when I was at school, our pc was around 7 feet tall metal box.
Calculators came out a few years after.

I am being a geek 🤓 head.

Regards Rob


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:52 pm
Posts: 55
https://youtu.be/hYlie9DiD7A


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:33 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm
Posts: 531
Oh no render times the same StoneEdit do not watch :)

Regards Rob


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:41 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Norway
Quote:
Oh no render times the same StoneEdit do not watch :)

Regards Rob
It's okay, since i dont have an Ipad from before, so nothing to compare to! :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:33 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm
Posts: 531
So you been editing on phone ?

If so and then move to the 12.9 screen your find the experience soooooo much easier and intuitive experience.

Regards Rob


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:12 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:41 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Norway
Quote:
So you been editing on phone ?

If so and then move to the 12.9 screen your find the experience soooooo much easier and intuitive experience.

Regards Rob
I only have done little clip with LumaFusion, and that was done on my Iphone, the clip with the Røde VideoMic ME-L.
Yes, i know editing on the Ipad will be a whole new experience. So i look forward to that.
I earlier have edited video on my laptop using Adobe Premiere Elements and Adobe Premiere CC.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline
Expert
Expert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm
Posts: 531
This be such a big improvement for you StoneEdit.
Look forwards to hearing about your experiences with the newer work flow.

From my point of view it increases ideas as I need not be in the home.

Regards Rob


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited