Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:27 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:36 am 
Expert
Expert

Generally I use airdrop when at home to transfer video from the phone to IPad.
However I’m not at home and using airdrop appears super slow (what is the cause?)

Only setting I have changed is airplane mode on, I have of course turned this back on and sent other video files including images.

All super slow in the transferring of video and images.
(One meg per minute!)

In the end I opted to upload to drop box as I can select multiple files, where as the iCloud or IOS version 10.3.3 reduced this to one file at a time. When using the phone. (iphone 5)

I found an app send any where and transfer.
Both ok, however their probably something better out their which some of you may already use ?

Anyone know what I must have done in settings to reduce the speed of airdrop ?
One obvious to me is the recent up date on ipad I did 2 days ago, it may be part of the airdrop issues.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:00 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Rob,

Just in case you don’t know already, AirDrop uses Bluetooth so the speed of transmission depends heavily on the distance of the two devices.

Have e.g. a metal door in between an you’ll block the connection entirely...

Maybe I’m just stating the obvious, but sometimes we just do forget... ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:28 am 
Expert
Expert

Is the desk top working?
It sure is when the power switch is on, oh no 🤦‍♀️

Always worth pointing out, thank you.

In this scenario phone and tablet are 12 inches apart and wifi router 8 feet away with clean access.

Is airdrop just blue tooth ? Or wifi and blue tooth?
It will be cool once blue tooth 5 out and about, data rates will increase quadruple.
I think Bluetooth 4.1 buffers at best 225 kilobytes that’s tiny, Apollo mission made use of 24k of core read-only storage, and only 1k of main memory!

And landed on the moon!

I only wish to transfer some tiny 720p video I’m asking too much :)

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:45 am 
Adept
Adept

Hi Rob,

Airdrop uses both WiFi and Bluetooth. WiFi is much much faster than Bluetooth so when you’re away from your WiFI, you should expect much slower transfer rates.

Happy Editing,
CappyLee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:48 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi CappyLee,

I thought that was the case, yep wifi and blue tooth here and yet slower speeds any reason why ?Regards Rob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:58 am 
Adept
Adept

I don’t know but try this. Turn off Bluetooth so Airdrop is forced to use WIFi. See if that makes a difference. Worth a try.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:15 am 
Expert
Expert

Not a bad idea, I tried however greyed out and would not transfer, the IOS iPad activated itself and back to slow mo. 10.3.3 on iPhone stayed greyed and no transfer.

Video, 7 seconds and 720p

I think I film on SD card go pro and plug en play, hard wired the old fashion way. (transfer, issues maybe something to do with recent update of IOS on iPad and iPhone stuck at 10.3.3 )

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:02 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
I don’t know but try this. Turn off Bluetooth so Airdrop is forced to use WIFi. See if that makes a difference. Worth a try.

AirDrop can’t be forced to work without Bluetooth. It needs Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to be switched on in order to work.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:05 am 
Adept
Adept

I just rendered this 5 minute 728 MB video to the Photos app on my iPad Pro and then AirDropped it to my iPhone 6+. The Airdrop took 1 minute 48 seconds. I'm still on 12.0.1.

Side Note: I just realized that AirDrop still works even if you turn off both WiFi and Bluetooth in the Control Panel.

Attachments:
A27B0BE6-5F9D-4B4B-8705-C5B0D7D04831.jpeg
A27B0BE6-5F9D-4B4B-8705-C5B0D7D04831.jpeg [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 213 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:14 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
I just rendered this 5 minute 728 MB video to the Photos app on my iPad Pro and then AirDropped it to my iPhone 6+. The Airdrop took 1 minute 48 seconds. I'm still on 12.0.1.

Side Note: I just realized that AirDrop still works even if you turn off both WiFi and Bluetooth in the Control Panel.

The control panel does NOT switch off anything since some versions of iOS. You have to switch off WiFi and Bluetooth manually in the preferences to be effective...

BTW: The estimated size does sometimes severely deviate from the real size of the output video. CapyyLee could you check the size of the actual video not the Luma estimation, please?

Last edited by mramosch on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.