Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:22 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:47 pm 

I'm planning to buy a new iPad Pro and will definitely purchase the LumaFusion app.

My only concern is that whether the device can handle a timeline of 20+ minutes of footage together with "heavy" 3D LUTs (the ones that are above 6MB in size) SMOOTHLY, considering that the iPad Pros only have 4GB of RAM.

My old laptop really struggled with those kinds of LUTs and a timeline of more than 10 minutes. The frame rate loss was almost unbearable. Sooo. Yeah.

Are the iPad Pros (with LumaFusion) capable?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:50 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hello Xhaos,

- A 20+min timeline is possible in LumaFusion.
- As far as LUTs, LumaFusion does not support LUTs with more than 64 points. I just imported a test .3dl LUT that was 20MB and received an error stating that the LUT had 112 points. I then I tried importing a .3dl LUT that was 3.5MB and it imported successfully. So I believe the size of the LUT depends on how many points it has within the file.

I then applied that LUT to a couple 4K clips and duplicated those clips and stretched my timeline to 40+mins and I was able to scrub and play smoothly, with no issues on each clip. I also laid a couple audio tracks on the timeline as well. I'm working on an Early 2018 9.7" iPad (normal).

I hope this information helps.
Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch