Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Filmic pro focus hunting
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:16 am 
Novice
Novice

Unfortunately, I think, Filmic doesn’t have a nice forum like this. But I know many of you use Filmic pro for capturing video.

On my iPhone Xs, when I view the preview screen in Filmic, not moving the phone, every once in a while it decides to refocus. This occurs whether or not I am recording, although it seems to happen more frequently when idle.

Anybody else notice this?

Rick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:25 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I don’t see that happening here (I’ve only got a 7)

A recent filmic update did recommend/suggest restarting your iPhone X thing rather than just updating the app

Might be worth a try

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Unfortunately, I think, Filmic doesn’t have a nice forum like this. But I know many of you use Filmic pro for capturing video.

On my iPhone Xs, when I view the preview screen in Filmic, not moving the phone, every once in a while it decides to refocus. This occurs whether or not I am recording, although it seems to happen more frequently when idle.

Anybody else notice this?

Rick
Slightly unrelated:

Drop everything. Do not pass go. And get the Zhiyun Smooth 4 smartphone stabilizer ASAP. Filmic Pro did a joint venture with the gimble maker. And it is awesome. I just got back from a day trip to New York City and my entire family tried it out. It is beyond amazing. It is crazy amazing for a sub $150 stabilizer. My favorite part is the dial - zoom and focus from the stabilizer via Bluetooth.

Just get it (if you have an iPhone - not Android). You will thank me later.

(Except for setting it up - the manual is hard to understand... we watched a dozen or so YouTube tutorials to finally understand its power.)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:18 am 
Expert
Expert

Go on then let’s see some video please.
Any chance of film the hardware and display here please.

I have a buddy still waiting on Red one camera phone yet to arrive this month, some 18 months after payment.

Still in the dark to what it can do, but you mention ‘ZOOM AND FOCUS’ this is something Red one camera’s suggested it can do by attaching an actual lens to the phone, like the lens you have a proper camera.

So if you managed a way to make this happen, tell me more please, images, information please.

Quick question I throw it out their, is their a phone camera in the world that can capture stills at 300 DPI ?

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:47 am 
Expert
Expert

Made a quick search and came back with some information regarding Apple products
Video shows manual focus issues when using Apple, site page does not have Apple in its list.
Zoom wheel very sensitive.
(digital,zoom only)
Cheap as chips, you get what you pay for.

Which phone did you use discovery?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:38 pm 
Adept
Adept

Here is a quick sample... the Freedom Tower from across the Hudson River - shot on our iPhone 7+:

https://vimeo.com/294049148

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:35 am 
Expert
Expert

Thank you AD,

Works well almost like smooth as a drone, have you used gimbal before ?
May I ask you to film with zoom using the wheel and have feed back please.
Also tracking would be useful.
Please.

Regards Rob