Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:38 pm 

1) I'd like to have some echo at the end of an audio clip, and the echo cuts off at the end of the clip, so I'd need to add silence to the end of a clip to make room for the echo (ideally, reverb, except that doesn't appear to be built in). Is there a way I can preserve the trailing echoes?

1b) Why isn't there a built-in reverb effect?

2) I'd like to fade to white and have the screen stay white for a bit. I was thinking I could do this by inserting a blank clip, hoping that color would be a property of a blank clip, but that isn't a thing. Short of making an all-white image and importing it into the project, is there a way that LumaFusion can insert the colour of my choice into the timeline?

If my terminology is weird, please let me know what the common terms are for what I'm asking about: it will help me find answers via forum and google searches, and I will be eternally grateful!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:45 pm 
Adept
Adept

To add silence to the end of an audio clip, see the attached screenshot. In this example, I took a 6 sec audio clip, place a 10 sec title on top of it, saved the project as a video file, imported that file back into LumaFusion, and then detached the audio from the video clip. The audio clip is now 10 sec long with 4 secs of silence.

For the white background clip, you can add a title, delete the text, add a shape (rectangular), change face color to white (or other), resize shape to fill screen.

There are probably better ways of doing this but with my limited knowledge that’s all I could come up with.

Attachments:
A4B0881B-97BC-4CEB-83D3-53A2F7382726.jpeg
A4B0881B-97BC-4CEB-83D3-53A2F7382726.jpeg [ 65.29 KiB | Viewed 1137 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:55 pm 

Great workarounds! It's a shame there are no direct ways of doing it. For the audio clip, I'll just use a different audio editing tool to add the silence and import that modified version, as it will cut a few steps out.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:33 am 
Adept
Adept

Audio Effects cutting out when the video clip ends on a timeline is not a unique problem to LumaFusion; Premiere Pro still does exactly this, and it's really annoying (particularly since their audio app, Audition, doesn't do this in multi-track mode). Another possible approach would be to be sure you shoot a tail for your shot when you're in production, and then you can the delay effect to just the audio clip and stretch it out as long as needed for the delay to end. Then you can cut the video portion as you like.

Detaching is also useful if you want to do some freaky stuff with the audio like slice out segments of it for dramatic effect or to sensor profanity while not cutting out the video. (I know you can also keyframe the audio level to dip down during the word you want to delete, but sometimes it's just a lot faster and easier to use the scissor tool--especially if you're needing to cut a lot of profanity...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:44 am 

Thanks James. I was thinking about doing the import, even if theyre on the wrong slide since there will be unequal numbers of slides, and then cut/pasting them - is that what youre referring to?