Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:18 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:27 am 

Even if the app already is amazing, there is one feature that is missing the MOST!

Audio scrubbing!

I was shocked from the fact that the app scrubs video frames nicely, without in the same time providing the user with the corresponding audio information from that particular frame.

Without this feature, it is impossible for one to sync fast and accurately scenes and cuts.

Should we expect this feature soon ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:07 am 
Expert
Expert

Hello their,

I agree with you totally, re audio scrubbing, something I use all the time as most if not all my videos are out doors.

Wind noise and none planning of the events that day. Basically needs me to scrub through contents to a suitable moment and trim, however this is not possible and I do not wish to listen to the whole video.

So why do we not have scrubbing in place?
Developers will comment I hope.

I suspect the newer iPads can handle this scrubbing, maybe older tablets not? (phones probable no)
Tiny screen on phones and audio scrubbing is it a requirement?

If a tablet environment which is fairly small screen at iPad Pro level can handle audio scrubbing, let’s have it now please.

So if I’m correct bring it on :)

Pole how many would like audio scrubbing now ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:37 pm 

Audio scrubbing is available from several othe apps both on iOS and android devices already!
So this is NOT an excuse from an app like LumaFusion that claims to be a professional level app in tablet devices.

@lumafusion developers,
Should we expect such a feature ?
If so when ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:20 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

That is NOT the way to ask the developers a question either (I'm not a developer)

... try this ... it's a lot less shouty :)

' ... and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support'

but I can tell you now, they will not give you a date because there isn't one

I can, however, confirm that the feature you request is not being tested yet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello all,

I agree that scrubbing is an important feature.

There are many important features. We keep a big list of the requests and generally the number of people we hear from asking for each feature. We also recently ran a poll asking what features are important and people answered the poll and added their own ideas.

We are listing and we do care, and we are working very hard to not only add free features for those who already own the app, but we are also looking for strategies to continue to expand our audience and revenue, so that we can stay in business without having to move to a subscription model. Keep in mind LumaFusion remains a pay once app which for $20 US is pretty incredible. Still we work to add more power and pro features.

We do our best to balance the requests, and choose the most asked for features. Some of the top contenders are video stabilization, copy/paste of clips between projects, multi-select on the timeline, and extra tracks. So far, audio scrubbing has not had as many requests so hasn't made it to the top of the list. But your requests are noted.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us what is important to you :-)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks Terri

That’s what I thought

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:07 am 
Expert
Expert

Wow I’d hope to keep conversation civil.
If it helps any the time I have been using LF it appears to improve and make progress at a steady rate.
From my understanding to make something as complex as an app like this takes a lot of Human Resources.

So 20 to 50 app builders, add in marketing, apples cut of the profits, tax’s paid.
I’m surprised they can offer all of this for 20 pounds. (Which includes free regular updates)

Of course I would love and would benefit from audio scrubbing in my work flow.
(i use a laptop when I am up against time limits for,work, but prefer to edit on the fly, no pun intended:) I,teach people to fly. Final Cut Helps me over come the audio issues)

So Tris, try and see it like this, Green screen was requested I think a year back as a beta tester I had this and went wow all this inside a little app.

Even had cropping of images, I even smile now thinking about when green screen came to the app.
Made my day loads of ideas and projects formed in my head.

So given time at some stage I would like to think scrubbing will be implemented.

I like very much to know what other apps have audio scrubbing implemented please.
Suggest not to post here, if you would can you email this to my work email please.

Freeflightbrighton@gmail.com

Regards Rob

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:32 pm 

Hokusai 2 for example (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hokusai ... 79746?mt=8 - https://www.wooji-juice.com/products/hokusai/) has audio scrubbing inbuilt on iOS and works PERFECTLY fine!

Of course this is not the only app available that manages to have audio scrubbing.
It’s just one example that show is feasible.

As lumafusion is targeting professionals, I would expect this to be also added.

Hopefully this would finally be the case.

Please keep us posted.

P.S. In regard to green screen, although that is really nice, I still miss spill suppression options...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:52 am 
Expert
Expert

Hello Tristratos,

I had thought you were going to provide an audio / video scrubbing app ?

As this app you kindly shared, only supports audio scrubbing only ?
And no import is available for video and audio.

I am looking for audio scrubbing while in an video editing environment inside of ISO.

Similar to say desk top final cut.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm 
Expert
Expert

Thought I add this video here, the wind noise at approx 2 g is terrible.

I used audio scrubbing (not Hokusai) to isolate the peoples voices, as you probably can understand the whole recorded enviroment is windy.