Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:48 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:36 am 
Adept
Adept

I hope so too Mike.
Keep us all updated with your experiences if you would please.

Your probably the only person on this forum with the gnarbox and any information how it works within your work flow is appreciated.

Maybe even make a video or 2

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:07 pm 

Update:

Lumatouch has informed me that this is in fact the result of two bugs; one on their end, and one on Gnarbox's end.

On the Lumatouch side, there is a bug causing the app to download the video multiple times.
On the Gnarbox side, there is a bug causing the entire file to be downloaded (even when inserting just a small clip)

The two companies are working together to resolve the issues and are working to include them in a future software update.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:52 pm 
Adept
Adept

Thank you Mike for the updated feed.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:56 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Gnarbox is also supposed to be able to let you connect other USB hard drive through it to let you use the audition and trim functions and copy between drives. That and it is ruggedized with sealed card slots and ports for working in field environments.

I can imagine working directly from the Gnarbox alone on a project, then using the “copy between hard drives” function to back up the footage to a USB hard drive for archiving. That would free up the 512GB of Gnarbox memory completely for the next project. If I ever needed to grab a clip off the archived USB drive, I could do it directly off that drive through the Gnarbox.

I could also load a USB drive with my stock footage collection and use it through the Gnarbox when I need it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:52 am 
Adept
Adept

Thank you for your thoughts, this is the method and work flow i visualised from the start of owning a tablet.

I bought a WD mycloud, then found out this work flow was limited when used with the IOS.

So the Gnarbox idea i feel will take off big style, once people can understand Gnarbox uses.

I suspect many people will see items like Gnarbox as a proffessional photographer while filming for the BBC out in the North Pole.

For me the access to the other drives I have with stock video and images is 300 % advantage to my ideas and workflow. Currently these HD’s I cannot access with the IOS environment which is a huge negative and restriction to my imagination. ( It is possible to plug in the other drives i have into the WD MY CLOUD, speed is same as USB 1 when using the IOS and their for unsuitable )

So if the Gnarbox can do as it says on the tin, i am in.
Simple put Gnarbox have made what people wished for and Banna heads at Apple either do not wish people to work this way, maybe the idea was put forwards and shelved.

So i am very interested in how this idea of Gnarbox works out, for sure people will look at the price and be put off.

So it is worth noting that the Gnarbox is more than a HD, from my limited knowledge the Gnarbox is a simple computer with 2 to 4 Gigs of Ram to help with the processing and interface with tablet enviroment.

I not sure but hope the Gnarbox works with other operating systems, this would help will mass sales and in return more R and D.

The main advantages for myself are,

1: Portable, i can work from my two places of residents, i can work from on site.
2: Take video contents on site from students with a speed.
3: Then select video from lengthy Gigs and clip trim out.
4: Connect to other HD drives at home and back up the selected clips and remove the mass of Gigs from the day.
5: Free of wires :) what a joy.

One area i am excited about is when i am at work abroad.
I teach people to fly paraglider past 26 years now.

After the days tuition, I de brief all my students and answers questions.
Days gone by I have to address areas of safety and point out at a particular time in the flight a moment of concern. Generally I would have a blank look.

Since air drop became available I can add video to a phone or tablet from my camera and trim a clip and share with the group.

We all sit in a room over looking the French Alps and I air drop a small clip, straight away the room go’s silent, laughter stops and you can hear only the noise of the birds out side.
All see the naughty pilot pushing, with my voice advising get the hell away from that area of risk, the risks are seen by all on their phones iPads.

Everyone makes a sigh sound and the shock of what might have happened is imbedded for life, my job just became less stressful.

Ultimately this knowledge reduces risks such as injuries or death, mountain flying is big air and big risk.

The reason I share these moment at work, is often and not the videos are endless Gigs of the day x 7 students of Gigs, I can remember in my head the events clearly.

All i have to do is scrub through the entire videos and I have my 30 seconds of the most important video.

So with the Gnarbox = all plug in your SD card, Rob picks out trims and imports these into LF and export, either airdrop or play on the projector.

So to me the Gnarbox is a tax loss for the buisness and more than that a method to retain safety at work. I am only starting to find out the work flow I use the Gnarbox for and guess what I do not even own one :) Yet !

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:35 pm 

OK, so for everyone following this thread, I have a final update and good news.

Both Gnarbox and Lumatouch have released updates (firmware for Gnarbox and app store update for Lumafusion) and this seems to have fixed the problem completely. You can now edit video residing on the Gnarbox, using Lumafusion on the iPhone, and have the phone only import the sections of the video that you have added to your video timeline.

I would also like to say that both Gnarbox and Lumatouch (makers of Lumafusion) were very helpful and communicative. Both companies asked for samples of my files so they could replicate the issue I was having, and subsequently located the issue in each of their products. They both created and made available updates in a very timely fashion and contacted me to let me know the update was available.

Very impressed with both companies, and happy to be able to edit video on my phone now!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:51 pm 
Adept
Adept

Cool