Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:37 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:37 am 
Expert
Expert

I made this video to express my well frustration at the transfer speeds of video back and though in an IOS device using LAN (local area network - IE your router)

I have also included a live recorded using a built in ipad mic and an third party mic to show you the differences in audio quality for a near £20.

I kook forwards to your methods of transferring video back and fourth to your tablet for the purpose of editing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:07 pm 

I’m using a fiber optic line with a download speed of 200 mbs and upload is 75. Makes quick work transferring large files to and from the cloud. The router the company supplied works with these speeds. They offer gigabit speed!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:49 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi Chiss,

I did not know an IPad Pro you have ?

Could up load and down load at such speeds.

So just to be 100 % clear you made these tests on an iPad Pro and can confirm you can uploaded at the states you written ?

Where I live is in a listed area, so were stuck with copper cable, hence my questions, i have plug an play hot swap drives and a shelf of drives.

These are like a library of video and images, these i like to access on the ipad, ideas and methods are welcome.

Thank you for your input, looking forwards to confirming your upload and down speeds on the ipad.
That is fast!

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:45 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Where I live is in a listed area, so were stuck with copper cable...
I think you just revealed the problem, Rob.

Copper is probably DSL (or ADSL). It is HIGHLY unreliable and s l o w. We are looking to move into a dream house. And there is one perfect property down the road. Gorgeous, rolling hills...clean air... secluded... well water... low taxes... etc. It is PERFECT for us... except there is no high-speed internet. It is a dealbreaker.

With that said, I am not sure how internet service works with in-home file transfers. Perhaps your router needs an upgrade.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:42 am 
Expert
Expert

Which country are you in ? “MyAmazingDiscoveries”

I am based in Uk and live in Brighton, Brighton was voted worst data for mobile coverage in the Uk 2017. Nothing improved since then.

(Trains were voted no coverage most of the time :)

For me I am only trying to transfer back and fourth using LAN (local area network)
At best I can buy another router for purpose of LAN, the increase in performances appear not to be written down any where.

Only Dave has produced some results so far, which I am very greatful for.
Over all a newer up todate router would increase a margin or so for purpose of LAN transfer from WD wifi drive and over to the Ipad.

I think the one part which is slowing it down is the iPad Pro.
If i make the same transfer using LAN on a lap top i can half the times in my experiments.

This is still slow, I would compare this to using USB 1 for transfer speeds.

So my research suggests to me, no one to not many people run stock images and video from an outside drive to their mobile device over LAN.

Probably their use Cloud when their based in areas of say faster download and upload speeds.

Think it was on FB site where some one said their ipad downloaded at 200 mbs a second.
I have asked to confirm this as i would be surprised if that could be done using an iPad.

It might be i go back to desk top and plug in my drives and edit that way as advantages are you do not need to drag files over, they run live on the time line while staying on the external drive which is plugged in.

Give it 4 to 5 years and maybe the internet will catch up, or a method to use wireless drives improve to run like a desk top system.

So if anyone reading this post and thinking should I buy a ipad for editing.

Answer yes and no.

However i recommend you buy as big a drive as possible as backing up video when into the Gigs your going to be hard pushed when using the tablet enviroment.

Last thought “MyAmazingDiscoveries” my friend in the north lives in a place where they have download of 2 mbs at best on a landline.

He has ditched the landline and moved to mobile system and reaches 80 mbs download.
This might help with your possible dream home.

Other friend also up north asked off com about his speed and BT were forced to deal with this issue.
A direct line into the home on a hill give with fibre 300 mbs download.
Fibre was plugged in directly so no copper cable for the last 100 meters et, as no phone line existed in the first place.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Which country are you in ? “MyAmazingDiscoveries”

I am based in Uk and live in Brighton, Brighton was voted worst data for mobile coverage in the Uk 2017. Nothing improved since then.

(Trains were voted no coverage most of the time :)

For me I am only trying to transfer back and fourth using LAN (local area network)
At best I can buy another router for purpose of LAN, the increase in performances appear not to be written down any where.

Only Dave has produced some results so far, which I am very greatful for.
Over all a newer up todate router would increase a margin or so for purpose of LAN transfer from WD wifi drive and over to the Ipad.

I think the one part which is slowing it down is the iPad Pro.
If i make the same transfer using LAN on a lap top i can half the times in my experiments.

This is still slow, I would compare this to using USB 1 for transfer speeds.

So my research suggests to me, no one to not many people run stock images and video from an outside drive to their mobile device over LAN.

Probably their use Cloud when their based in areas of say faster download and upload speeds.

Think it was on FB site where some one said their ipad downloaded at 200 mbs a second.
I have asked to confirm this as i would be surprised if that could be done using an iPad.

It might be i go back to desk top and plug in my drives and edit that way as advantages are you do not need to drag files over, they run live on the time line while staying on the external drive which is plugged in.

Give it 4 to 5 years and maybe the internet will catch up, or a method to use wireless drives improve to run like a desk top system.

So if anyone reading this post and thinking should I buy a ipad for editing.

Answer yes and no.

However i recommend you buy as big a drive as possible as backing up video when into the Gigs your going to be hard pushed when using the tablet enviroment.

Last thought “MyAmazingDiscoveries” my friend in the north lives in a place where they have download of 2 mbs at best on a landline.

He has ditched the landline and moved to mobile system and reaches 80 mbs download.
This might help with your possible dream home.

Other friend also up north asked off com about his speed and BT were forced to deal with this issue.
A direct line into the home on a hill give with fibre 300 mbs download.
Fibre was plugged in directly so no copper cable for the last 100 meters et, as no phone line existed in the first place.

Regards Rob
I live in the good ol' US of A.

Just checked speed:

Download: 197 Mbps
Upload: 12.1 Mbps

And 30 minutes down the road Fiber is available. It is not unusual to get these amazing speeds:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:41 am 
Expert
Expert

Wow those speeds are what we need.

These ones you have kindly recorded are they from land line or mobile ?

The fibre ones are astounding, I now think if this is the average in USA, apple based the cloud on these types of speeds to be the norm.

Here is what in the South of the UK we have to play with.
Note the upper speeds on fibre do not even come anywhere close to the Download: 197 Mbps
Upload: 12.1 Mbps you currently have.

I post the images separately as forum logging me out on upload :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:45 am 
Expert
Expert

images of speeds over wi fi
South east in Uk

Attachments:
IMG_3327.PNG
IMG_3327.PNG [ 89.3 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:47 am 
Expert
Expert

fibre note up to this means we probably get 50 megs.

Question what price do you currently pay in the USA for

Regards Rob

Attachments:
IMG_4570.jpg
IMG_4570.jpg [ 271.76 KiB | Viewed 483 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:43 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Wow those speeds are what we need.

These ones you have kindly recorded are they from land line or mobile ?

The fibre ones are astounding, I now think if this is the average in USA, apple based the cloud on these types of speeds to be the norm.

Here is what in the South of the UK we have to play with.
Note the upper speeds on fibre do not even come anywhere close to the Download: 197 Mbps
Upload: 12.1 Mbps you currently have.

I post the images separately as forum logging me out on upload :)
I pay near $100 (USD) a month for high-speed internet. This includes unlimited long-distance phone calls on my land line.

I know you did not ask about my mobile plan... it is $214.00 a month for 5 phones. And they (Comcast/Xfinity) just announced massive throttling in the coming weeks. I am not happy about this. But believe it or not, $214 for mobile is on the low side. I know people who pay over $500.00 a month for it. For that kind of money, we can drive a new Jaguar or luxury Volvo.

The good news is in a few years, we will all have cheap wireless internet. It is scheduled to start rolling en masse in 2020.