Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:45 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:18 am 

Hello,
New to the forum, I've made some short videos using an ipad 10.5 64G editing them in Luma.
This morning I had a brain cramp and the first two shots were at 24 fps and the rest of the shots were at 30 fps. When I made a new project I set it up at 30 fps. Watching the footage from the first two didn't look any different. Can I just leave it?

A different question: When I launched Luma today to begin the editing process all my other project (3) weren't no longer in the project manager. Fortunately I keep everything in icloud and found those project back ups.
Can someone describe their work flow for managing these large files? For example do you back up to an external hd or just to the cloud? Store everything on the ipad? Any other tips for keeping the memory on the ipad available...should I carry a portable drive for downloading footage in the field from Filmic to edit later?

I really like LF and hope to contribute here.
cheers
chris

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:03 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hello Chris,

I'm glad that you managed to find your projects again in iCloud.
I've never heard about projects disappearing, can you explain further?

For your frame rates, there will be some jerkiness in the your 24fps clips when applying them to a 30fps timeline, as the timeline will be trying to add extra frames to that 24fps frame rate. But if that doesn't bother you, then you're good to go.

And backup/storage, this can go many ways. I've seen other people using devices like GnarBox, SanDisk iXpand Drive (64GB version works with LumaFusion), and even the Western Digital Wireless SSD or Hard Drive...to backup their files when shooting in the field. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Best,

Keith Woodard II

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:33 pm 

Thanks for the prompt reply Keith.

I was importing a large file from icloud and when it was just about done Luma crashed. When I opened it everything was blank. I imported the file and the second time it came in okay. This was footage for a new project.

I found the Project-Backups folder on my ipad using Files. It keeps Presets and other important things.

Now I'll look into a portable drive for taking in the field, shooting 4k chews up the memory very quickly.

chris