Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:16 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:45 pm 

Hi guys

I finished editing my first video using LumaFusion yesterday and I can’t believe how well it performed.

I used 14 2.7k Phantom 4 Pro mp4 video source files to create a 2’50” video and the app worked flawlessly. There were minor glitches but nothing bothering. For example in full screen preview the pkayback would hold for a bit but pausing it and resuming brought the speed back to normal. Also I would have liked a way to be able to replace source clips without deleting them from the timeline, I could not find how to do that so for example each time I made a change to the music I had to delete it from the timeline and add it again. Also I would’ve loved to be able to do some speed ramping as I speed up the clips a lot. Anyways that is prety much it, no other problems.

Now the philosophical question:

I am not able to understand how an app that costs only a few bucks used on an Ipad Pro 9’7 can outperform Premiere Pro CS6 or Davinci Resolve used on my Surface Book. Can somebody explain that to me? I’m very very curious what the magic is. I mean, the Surface Book has 16Gb of RAM, dedicated Nvidia GPU, I7 Intel CPU, 512 GB SSD and the tablet.... well, no GPU, only 2 GB of RAM and almost no disk space. I just don’t get it

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gelu,

First, thanks for your kind words, and I've filed a bug report for your Preview bug.

Second, I can tell you that we've got both of your feature requests (replacing media without erasing from timeline, and keyframe options for speed control) high on our radar!

Third, to address your philosophical question: From a technical aspect, Apple has built many frameworks themselves that optimize the manipulation of Audio and Video - for this reason we are not currently working on an Android/Windows version of LumaFusion, as it would require us to build equivalent frameworks to use on those non-iOS platforms, which would take a very large team, and a lot of time. So these Apple Frameworks give us a lot of headway to work on further optimization of multiple instances of Audio and Video manipulation (which is how we accomplish 3 Audio and 4 Video tracks). Let this also shine a light on the equality between software quality and hardware specifications, while having quality hardware is necessary for smooth performance, it is not the end-all be-all for how smooth software operates (though we hope to see improvement on Apple's hardware to accelerate the performances gained from their frameworks). And maybe the most important bit is that we have a very experienced Head of Engineering who is able to push the Apple frameworks to their full potential, and then some.

Thanks for reaching out! We're really happy you enjoy the app :D
Keep us posted with any other bugs or features you'd like to see.

Regards,
Zac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:19 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

(which is how we accomplish 3 Audio and 4 Video tracks).

Regards,
Zac
[/quote]

Damn I only have 3 video tracks.../;-/
J

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:15 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:

Now the philosophical question:

I am not able to understand how an app that costs only a few bucks used on an Ipad Pro 9’7 can outperform Premiere Pro CS6 or Davinci Resolve used on my Surface Book. Can somebody explain that to me? I’m very very curious what the magic is. I mean, the Surface Book has 16Gb of RAM, dedicated Nvidia GPU, I7 Intel CPU, 512 GB SSD and the tablet.... well, no GPU, only 2 GB of RAM and almost no disk space. I just don’t get it

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
I asked a similar question here. Like you, my laptop has 16GB memory, an Nvidia graphics card, SSD, etc, and yet it can’t edit native 4K footage nearly as smoothly as my iPad Pro and Luma Fusion. It’s so very strange!

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6493

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Nah - it's not strange - it's just excellent programming of a good OS

Please send the developers cash and beer!

(Note: I'm not one of them :D )

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:35 pm 
Adept
Adept

Yes too easily I forget how smooth LumaFusion is and get hung up on petty annoyances of the moment. When I find things a bit tedious I’m forgetting the fact that it is incredible to have these powerful features at all and that they are so reliable. Thank you team!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 am 
Adept
Adept

Think of why is the question and rephrase the question like this.

Why is it that all programs are written around very old OS, example photoshop is how old and has to work with how old OS.

IOS and apps are quite new and can cut out all the unused code and run smooth, or to put it another way.

If you binned all the old OS code on a pc or Mac and include all software and restart from scratch like say.

Knock down the old house and build from new, all pipes and electric would be up to date and run smooth.
Energy saving insulation and solar energy and so on.

Ps the banks will not change they like old internet explorer ha ha