Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Future Update Wishlist
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:12 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Team
Over the past year your Lumafusion app has changed the way I can work with filming and editing 10 fold.
Just putting it out there for everyone to submit what we would (all) like to see for 2018.
Here is my ideal updates...

1 extra film layer

Options to the crop tool would be a Border option - great for holiday/wedding style clips, and a rounding corner option for a softer feel for making a vintage style sepia effect or split screen style.
Adding a "Z' option axis to be able to shear pics or videos would be superb!

Extra transitions to include :
"Barn Door " open/close V and H
Clock wipe
Morph
Flicker

What do you all think?

J

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:40 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi rebooter

Some good suggestions in there

I think we will probably see another video layer in time. The problem there is you've got to keep everyone happy and we don't want our iThings to slow to a crawl. When do you stop supporting older iThings? - I don't know the answer to that (hence my signature)

The main thing though is to keep the ideas and suggestions coming

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Hi rebooter

Some good suggestions in there

I think we will probably see another video layer in time. The problem there is you've got to keep everyone happy and we don't want our iThings to slow to a crawl. When do you stop supporting older iThings? - I don't know the answer to that (hence my signature)

The main thing though is to keep the ideas and suggestions coming
Thanks KD, always good to hear from a fellow Brit🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧
J

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:14 pm 
Novice
Novice

Another layer would be great, but I would also like the ability to speed ramp before and after clips to smooth the transitions between real-time to slowmo or vice versa. (Also sometimes referred to as time warp effect).

I downloaded the LumaFX bolt-on expecting in to be something similar to After Effects by Adobe... but it’s nothing like. There doesn’t seem to be the ability to create a mask so most of the screen is black and the video plays through the letters... that would be good.

Other effects that I would LOVE to see, again from after effects, would be:

- 3D camera tracking text - so annotations would stay by an object as the camera pans away from it

- I am a drone operator - and could sometimes benefit from a warp stabiliser, which ascertains the
dominant motion of a shot and smooths it out. This would be very useful.

- Also being able to cut out the subject in the forefront on the frame, so that this is kept in ‘focus’ so
that a blur can be added to the background to create a fake depth of field. Advanced I know, but it
exists in other software. (Fake bokeh)

Attachments:
66A64C17-9E75-4789-B8D2-20493BC43DA8.png
66A64C17-9E75-4789-B8D2-20493BC43DA8.png [ 3.66 MiB | Viewed 1094 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Another layer would be great, but I would also like the ability to speed ramp before and after clips to smooth the transitions between real-time to slowmo or vice versa. (Also sometimes referred to as time warp effect).

I downloaded the LumaFX bolt-on expecting in to be something similar to After Effects by Adobe... but it’s nothing like. There doesn’t seem to be the ability to create a mask so most of the screen is black and the video plays through the letters... that would be good.

Other effects that I would LOVE to see, again from after effects, would be:

- 3D camera tracking text - so annotations would stay by an object as the camera pans away from it

- I am a drone operator - and could sometimes benefit from a warp stabiliser, which ascertains the
dominant motion of a shot and smooths it out. This would be very useful.

- Also being able to cut out the subject in the forefront on the frame, so that this is kept in ‘focus’ so
that a blur can be added to the background to create a fake depth of field. Advanced I know, but it
exists in other software. (Fake bokeh)
Yes would love a mask option for backgrounds so we would be able to replace background , as in AE but the processing power needed...? Wow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:15 pm 

Hi,
I have been using LF for a few months now, the best IOS editor I have used by far.I thought I’d join this forum to get tips and hopefully pass on anythinh I’ve learnt if I can.
Something I’d like to see in a future update is the option to add values to size,position, blending , rotation etc numerically instead of just using the sliders. I often find it hard to get the exact value I need as it often changes just as my thumb/finger leaves the screen, and it can take a while to get the exact value.If you could just type the value in from a mini keyboard it would be great and save a lot of time.I have noticed this feature in a photo app I have Affinity Photo on IOS.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:57 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi GCPP19

Welcome to the forum

I can confirm that this is on the ‘to do’ list ... along with a gazillion other things :D :D

It is a feature that I would find useful too

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:00 am 

Quote:
Hi GCPP19

Welcome to the forum

I can confirm that this is on the ‘to do’ list ... along with a gazillion other things :D :D

It is a feature that I would find useful too
Thanks, yes it would be a useful feature that would make adjusting things a lot easier in some cases :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm 

-some tools to help with multi camera shoots so you can easily flip between camera views to decide which angle would be best.

At the moment I slice up all footage and then have to manually go to each clip not wanting to be show and change it's opacity to 0%. Is there an easier way?

-An extra film layer would be great :)

-noise reduction tool.

-lasso tool for selecting multiple items for delete/ move etc.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:35 am 

Hi there,

One thing I have been looking for recently is a way to add stabilisation to a clip. Nothing in the App Store seems to work convincingly, so there may be a gap in the market for it. Is this something that could be added in future or is it just too hard to code on an iOS application ?

Many Thanks,

Dave