Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum

.... it's on the list ( the l o o n g list :D )

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:23 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hello there!

Whilst editing text I would love a way to get my cursor to the right spot for editing characters. Right now it is tough to use the magnify option where you hold your finger in the text field to slide the cursor around. The text is all at the top of the screen and I cannot see where the cursor is going to end up. That would mainly be a ease of use thing for me :mrgreen:

One thing I would enjoy that I saw in this thread already is the ability to select multiple clips on the timeline, for me mainly to move them around, I know that would probably present other issues, but a convenience for me because I used the quadruple "T" key for many many years in final cut to shift the time line almost as much as I used the blade tool.

I do love the idea of the incremental sliders for resizing and whatnot, a number value would be great maybe with arrow buttons for slight changes, I know that there is a way to get the slider to do a constant slow value change but Im not sure how I do it each time it starts happening. Maybe a reset to 0 value button would be great too, I find myself trying to reset the slider and if my pencil lifts up off the screen to the side even slightly, the number flings to an undesired value.

Thanks by the way, you guy have a great app, I always am excited to see the new updates and love that it is ever changing. When I see something work right after a change where it was maybe troubled, it makes me really want to support you guys in a big way.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:53 pm 
Novice
Novice

Don't forget to add the ability to add numerical values to x/y positions when moving small boxes. Numerical entries for flipping/angles would be great too. I had a heck of a time lining up and building similar sized cubes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:07 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Another layer would be great, but I would also like the ability to speed ramp before and after clips to smooth the transitions between real-time to slowmo or vice versa. (Also sometimes referred to as time warp effect).

I downloaded the LumaFX bolt-on expecting in to be something similar to After Effects by Adobe... but it’s nothing like. There doesn’t seem to be the ability to create a mask so most of the screen is black and the video plays through the letters... that would be good.
Masking! That would be awesome. I want that too. As an AMV editor that’s what I want the most out of LF. That and easy-ease for making smooth transitions, smoothing text transitions and smoothing anything like an AE.
(and maybe hopefully the ability to create shapes and stuff like in AE and apply smoothness to those ^^)

If only older iDevices could stop being supported, these features would be possible for higher-tier models u_u but I guess that wouldn’t be good for older devices but it sure slows down progress (especially for games).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:44 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for all these great ideas everyone.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:28 pm 

Quote:
Hi there,

One thing I have been looking for recently is a way to add stabilisation to a clip. Nothing in the App Store seems to work convincingly, so there may be a gap in the market for it. Is this something that could be added in future or is it just too hard to code on an iOS application ?

Many Thanks,

Dave
As a drone/GoPro amateur operator I have to say that stabilization would be great feature and I'm looking forward to what LumaTouch team will bring us in the future :)
Another useful thing when it comes to color correcting would be a possibility to see image histogram - I'm currently working on a clip from holidays where was many sunny and cloudy days - having the colour spread displayed (like on PremierePro), would be easier to get all shots in the right spot :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:48 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Finder580

Stabilization
Histograms

Both on the list

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:41 pm 

I am so in love with this app. I am creating things that others create on very expensive machines. What I would love to see in the future is the following:

1. Being able to key frame speed transitions which I believe you guys are already working on.
2. Being able flatten the current project into one video channel
3. The ability to select multiple video clips and move them as one. Maybe by holding your finger on a white space for a moment then dragging across video clips. It would create like a box you could drag around the clips you would like to select.
4. Being able to use multi touch to move video clips quicker. Right now you can pick up video clips and drag to far left or far right but the screen only pans over so fast so what if you could grab a clip to move and then with other hand swipe left or right and it would move according to finger swipe speed.
5. This one is probably the most complex but ill put it out there anyway :) I have seen a tutorial of someone taking a screen capture of video footage in LumaFusion then opening that footage in affinity photo “amazing app by the way” and then color grating that photo and then exporting it as a LUT. They then opened this LUT file back in the original lumafusion project and their video was perfectly color graded. I have done this and it has worked amazing a couple times but other times something goes very wrong and my video comes out a horrific pink and green color. If you could somehow partner with affinity to streamline this process I would literally never have a reason to touch a computer again.

P.s. Thank you all so much for what you do and for listening to the people in this forum it is greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

I just thought of one while editing my last video.

It would be neat to be able to grab a keyframe in the visual aid part below the sliding cursor area and move it. In my instance for audio. at least forward and backward without having to create a new one and delete one I would plan on replacing.

Hope that makes sense. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:02 pm 

I currently edit a lot of video in Premiere, but I’m also very familiar with Final Cut and Avid Media Composer. I just cut together my first project in LumaFusion and I loved it. Here’s some of my suggestions. I know a lot of these are long shots, but this is pretty much everything I do on my PC that I can’t do on my iPad currently.

-Audio scrubbing This is the main thing holding me back from being able to edit more seriously! Being able to go frame by frame and hearing the little “blips” of audio is invaluable to me for dialog editing.
-Delete key shortcut Make the delete key delete clips so I don’t have to tap the trash button all the time
-Film emulation With grain, film curve, film colour emulation. (Like FilmConvert)
-More transition options! Specifically: Motion blur option for “push” transitions (like FilmImpact)
-Noise removal (like Neat Video for Premiere or VideoGrade on iOS)
-Nested/pre composed clips (might have to pre render them, but this would still be very handy)
-Video stabilization filter (like Adobe’s Warp Stabalizer)
-Multi system audio sync (like Pluraleyes)
-Support for ProRes so I can use footage straight off of my Blackmagic camera (if Apple allows this eventually)
-Alpha channels are crazy useful. I realize we’re not gonna have 4444 video on iOS any time soon, but maybe the ability to use a separate video as a Luma Matte (like in After Effects) would be a good way to replicate this better than chroma keying.
-Make exporting pause when in background, not cancelI hate how it cancels the entire render if the app loses focus. I know iOS won’t let you render in the background, but hopefully there’s a way to at least just pause it?
-Render queue(Like in VideoGrade!)

XML import/export and external monitor support would be on here too, but I’ve read you guys already have that covered. Great work on LumaFusion so far! It and Affinity Photo have made my iPad a legitimate tool for content creation.