Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:57 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.6 is now available on the App Store, adding integrated WD Wireless drive support to the library as well as other improvements.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:10 pm 

Hi,
I was wondering...

I’m thinking of buying an iPad Pro w/ 512 GB capacity and then downloading LumaFusion. There’s a project I will be shooting (a sitcom pilot) later this year using the Panasonic DVX200. It’s a 4K camera with file formats of MOV, MP4 and AVCHD. We’re going to shoot in 4K at 24 fps.

For transfer, going to use the Bomax SD card reader. Has anyone here done this with a DVX200 and onto an iPad Pro with LumaFusion?

Will this work?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello mjd13076

I haven't specifically used this camera with an iPad and LumaFusion. However, here are some quick notes about what you are asking

AVCHD files are not supported by iOS, so you would have to shoot .mp4 or .mov using the h.264 codec.

I've not used the Bomax SD card reader either, but with a lot of these card readers that have multi connectors, they usually have an app associated with them, and its the app that might be the limiting factor in some way or other. But it is inexpensive enough to give it a try.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch