Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:03 am 

I screwed up and deleted files used in a project I’ve spent a lot of time on. On a desktop I could just relink the media but I can’t find any way of getting the files back in the project :shock:

Please tell me there is a way to get it back in!

I have put the video in what i think is the same way I used it initially. But since I can’t see where lumafusion is trying to find it it’s impossible to know for sure :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Tinytours

I'm guessing that the video clips you deleted were in the Photos app.
Ordinarily when you delete media from the Photos app it will go into a deleted folder which you have to then delete again, or if you wait long enough it will do it for you.

The question is, do you still have the media in the deleted folder in the Photos app (look in Albums)

If the media is truly not on the iPad / iPhone, AND it was originally in the Photos app, then re-installing the media into the Photos app won't work.

You don't tell me how you got the media into the iPad / iPhone, so I can't say for sure if there is away to help you on this one.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:58 am 

Thank you for your reply Androu.

I used both imported and from the photos app so I’m not sure where these particular files were from... however I started to import the files again and I noticed that if i dropped any part of the source material onto the unlinked clip I got the option to ”replace missing material”. When I did this it automatically was edited like before! I just had to copy paste the attributes and do the odd speed change manually. While it still took a. It of work, my misstake only took 1 hour to repair instead of 4-6 so I’m happy 😁

I made sure to backup the project to my network drive this time

I realise IOS gives files different identifiers when reloaded to the device but it would be great if there was some way to point at a source where LF can find the source and then automatically update all clips that use that source.