Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 4:58 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.2 is now available on the App Store. This feature release includes integration with Gnarbox, and numerous improvements to the library and import and export providers

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: FIle App storage
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 am 
Novice
Novice

My Files App now has a whole section devoted to Luma project (all media included) backup. Great! That being said a few questions:
1) Where exactly are these files located?
2) If I delete the Luma app will they be deleted as well or when I reinstall Luma will they still be there? 3) Are they taking up iCloud storage space?
4) Does this eliminate the need to backup Luma files data in other forms of storage?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: FIle App storage
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello noteworthyjohn

Great questions

1) Where exactly are these files located?
These Folders and files are part of the LumaFusion app.

2) If I delete the Luma app will they be deleted as well or when I reinstall Luma will they still be there?
Yes, if you delete the LumaFusion app all those folders and their content will be deleted

3) Are they taking up iCloud storage space?
No. You can think of the Files app as a Finder window on OSX or a File Manager (is that what it's called) in windows. It's giving you access to folders and files, but is not adding anything to the app that wasn't already there before Files came along.

4) Does this eliminate the need to backup Luma files data in other forms of storage?
No. Always make backups of important stuff, or anything you want to keep.

Hope this helps.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:36 am 
Novice
Novice

Thanks Androu,
Just want to make sure I have a handle on this.
If my Luma project files are stored within the app, does this mean that the amount of space LumaFusion takes up on my iPad’s memory will vary with the size and number of projects I keep stored in the app?
And to conserve space on the iPad, I should periodically save those project files to an exterior drive of some sort?
Also, if I have the storage space, it is better to offload the projects as “Full Original Media” archive files so I don’t have to hunt down all the media at a later date?

Thanks you for your patience and expertise,
John

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi noteworthyjohn

Yes
Yes
and ... Yes