Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:35 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.5.1 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes the incorrect app name in localized languages

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Audio Ducking.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:16 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has anybody had any success with audio ducking?

It seems that it just turns the volumes of the track down but not back up again unless you split the track when there is no voice over.
When the duck threshold is set to infinity in this screen shot it does like I said, ducks the volume but wont bring it back up
Attachment:
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg [ 292.12 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]
When the threshold is set to a volume, like the second screenshot, it does nothing. I've tried increasing the threshold from its lowest to its highest in small increments but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Attachment:
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg [ 218.34 KiB | Viewed 189 times ]

The reason I don't want to cut the vocal track as its a running commentary over a video. If I cut it every time I need to volume to duck it will take a very long time to go through it all as the average video is between 12-18 minutes long. Even in this post with tutorials from Smart Film School, he appears to encounter the same problem. viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6192

It's not a massive problem for me as I just decrease the volume of the other track down slightly so the vocals are more pronounced but I'd like to experiment with it, if only I could get it working.

Post subject: Re: Audio Ducking.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Officially.Colin

Sorry that I haven't responded sooner to your post.

This is how ducking works:

The 'Duck Volume' is the amount of level reduction you want to have on the clip that is set to 'auto'.

The Clip that is set to 'Master' is going to trigger when the level reduction starts and stops based on the Duck Threshold.
The 'Duck Threshold' is the sound level at which you want that reduction to start.

When the 'master' clip goes above the threshold, the trigger starts and reduces the audio level of the 'auto' clip.
I suspect (looking at your screen grab) your Duck threshold is set to high. Take a look at my screen grab. I set my duck threshold to be at -40 which is about at the top of the noise floor of my VO recording (I used the crappy built in mic of the iPad - its the blue line that I added). I also adjusted the Duck start to be 12 frames and the duck end I left at 1 second.

Let me know if this helps you.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Attachments:
IMG_1758 duck threshold.png
IMG_1758 duck threshold.png [ 681.76 KiB | Viewed 125 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:31 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Andreu, thanks for getting back with a response.
I just fired in some screen shots but I tried setting all different types of levels.
My problem is that when the master track dropped in volume the Auto track didn't increase again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Officially.Colin

Any chance you can send me a project, even a small project that exhibits this issue?

Do you have the log in to our BOX account?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch