Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:22 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.5.1 is now available on the App Store. This update fixes the incorrect app name in localized languages

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:52 am 

I created a video on my iPad (myself performing music so the audio quality is very important) and went to edit in Pinnacle. I want to add text on top of different parts of the video so I cut (and I selected video only when cutting) where I wants the text to appear and did the composite thing.

But now there is an audible glitch at the cut. I tried to do a manual crossfade to remove the glitch (.01 fade in and out on both sides of the cut) but then you can hear the volume dip.

Why is the audio even being affected if I selected only video to be cut? Are they embedded together and this is unavoidable? If so, what is the best way to add the text on top of the video without having to cut everything up?

Sorry for all of the questions, thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:48 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Ringleader,

Hopefully you're using the new 3.0.1 update which fixes one audio dip between cuts (though I wouldn't be surprised to see some other cases). One simple workaround is to split the audio from the video onto a separate track. You can do this by triple-tapping on the video clip, or by dragging a video clip from the library onto an audio track. Then you can just mute the audio for the video clip (double-tap to bring up attributes), and work separately with the audio (right now keeping sync between audio/video in this case is difficult, so you do need to be careful).

We do hope in the not-too-distant future to have a separate track for titles/graphics that would avoid these issues entirely.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:45 am 

Thanks for the tip on the triple-tap! I can make that work. I have browsed the manual a couple times for solutions to questions that come up since downloading the app last week. It is a nice manual but difficult to navigate since you can't search and no links to sections. Please also consider allowing to open the manual in iBooks! Thanks again!