Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:16 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:33 am 

Greetings all, I’ve just finished my first edit using iPhone 8 plus 60p footage, edited in Luma Fusion on an iPad Pro 10.5. I’m especially impressed at how fast Lumia Fusion can export videos. Which definitely makes me want to use it more.

There is one problem though. In shots when I’m panning the camera using 60p 4K footage interpolated to 24p, there’s some stuttering as it pans. I have no idea what is causing it. Still shots with the camera locked play back fine though.

Here’s the video - https://vimeo.com/240777607 I’d just like to know what’s causing it. Whether there’s something wrong with the iPhone 8 plus camera, or if it’s something in Luma Fusion causing it?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Lofyne

This baffled me for ages because I suffered from 'jerkyvision'

I shot my drone videos at 30fps

I exported at 24fps for 'that cinematic effect'

They were jerky/stuttery - the original played just fine

Then I worked it out (ok I asked google)

30 doesn't divide by 24 so somewhere along the line frames needed to be dropped = jerky/stuttery

Now I export at 30fps = happy days !

Try exporting at 60 fps = no frames will be dropped

Then try 30 fps = frames dropped but an even number (so you might not notice it)

Let us know how you got on

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:13 pm 
Novice
Novice

30p slowed down to 80% is 24p. I really like the subtle slow motion effect on b-roll and use it quite ofte.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:36 pm 

Hi Dave and Vidiot,

Thanks for the the replies.

All the shots were 60p with a 40% playback speed to make them 24p. The tripod shots seem to look fine. It’s just the panning ones that are jerky. Although the one of the tree trunk does look smooth.

Anyway, not to worry. Hopefully there’ll be a version of Filmic Pro soon that does 50p without dropping frames. As 60p doesn’t really work here in Australia, causing lights to flicker.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Lofyne

Thanks for your post, i don’t know what the jerkiness is that you are referring too in the vimeo post. The slow motion created by slowing 60fps to 24fps looks fine. I’m looking at the panning shot at 24seconds and don’t see anything wrong there. The one shot where i see something odd is at 45seconds, but what i see is not a affect of lost frames (there shouldn’t be any anyway) that would produce jerkiness. I’m not sure what it is that i’m seeing.

Can you do some testing of this issue under more controlled conditions and see if it reproduces consistently.

Let me know what you find out.

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch