Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:23 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:17 am 
Novice
Novice

I teach editing using iMovie to my beginner students. They only have a few hours training and Lumafusion, although brilliant, takes much longer than that to get a hold of.

Now, one of iMovie's few negatives is an extremely limited text facility. It would help me transition my students if I let them edit in iMovie except for the text and then pull the finished but text free product into Lumafusion to add complex titles. I've tried it and this work flow works fine, but anyone know if yI'm losing quality or flirting with some other unseen menace doing things this way?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:42 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi PRovision

The amount of quality you will lose by doing what you are thinking is VERY small

My old, tired, eyes wouldn't see it!

Yep, that's ok to do it your way (although ditching iMovie altogether is much better :D :D :D )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 am 
Adept
Adept

I'm with Dave on this one. I would invest the time teaching in Lumafusion in the first place if you are planning on finishing up there. No sense in using both apps when Lumafusion is far more capable imho.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:33 pm 
Novice
Novice

I too will also have to agree with both of these posters. In the same amount of time that you can spend teaching someone how to use iMovie, you can teach that same person to use the basic functions of LumaFusion. I understand that there is an additional cost with LumaFusion, but I also think that you should give someone the right tools for the job.

One could argue that this is like teaching someone learn how to drive in a corvette but I’d have to disagree. Although LumaFusion is much more advanced under the hood, it is very easy to just focus on the basic functions of the app. Once a person is equipped with the basic know how of Luma, they can progress onto the more advanced functions without having to learn the entire app from scratch (like they would if coming from iMovie).