Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:41 pm 

Hi there folks, I’m new to the community as well as lumatouch, I have the full pro version. So my question or concern is this, I use a GoPro 3 hero (set to 1080) as well I use a Samsung s7 also set to 1080, however, when I edit the video in luma, great tools, love the layout no problems there. But, when I save the video it brings up a dialogue showing all the proper settings before finalizing the save IE - FPS, 1080,720 etc. etc. I ALWAYS choose 1080 settings, but once I get it uploaded to YouTube, all I get is 720 options to play back or watch it???

I’m doing all this on an iPad Air 2. Any ideas or feed back is GREATLY Appreciated as this could be costing me an audience not getting the best picture.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:59 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Tim Xpedites

I'm afraid I don't use YouTube but I do use Google and found this:

------------------------------
Hi guys, I almost went bold because of this issue. I saw on one of the comments that if you use the enhancement button your videos will become 1080p, thats true, but.
Here are some rules. (for those that are panicking right after they've uploaded their videos, you need to wait for Youtube to process the video into 720 or 1080, this takes somewhere between 5 mins to 3 days, yes...3 days, depending on the length of the movie and so on)

1. You need to use known settings that have worked before on youtube in 1080p.
2. Upload by drag and drop.
3. When its done processing, apply any enhancement (tried only stabilize and Contrast +1), this may take a whole day actually, depending on the length again of your video. 1080p option will apear (not on IE Windows 7 and some say Firefox, Ive tested IE, only shows 720p no matter what)
4. When it has appeared you can then revert the enhancement, cause I dont want Youtube to add anything more to my videos, this also will take just as long time to revert. ( you dont need to revert though)
5. But your videos will stay in 1080p. Its a hellava process and time consuming,but its worth it, at least for my videos.
6. I would leave the video as unlisted until everything is done and then publish when everything is processed and reversed.

This is the only solution Ive found so far that worked for me.

PS: On my personal account, all videos so far have processed in 1080p, while on my channel Vakvrak they are stuck on 720p, only my first video came up in 1080p right away.

I hope this might help someone until Google fixes this 7 year old glitch.
--------------------------------------

So it looks like it's a YouTube problem to me - but I'm ready/happy to be told I'm wrong :D