Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:41 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:17 pm 

Dear all

I have started to do some instructional videos for my company.

What I do is to record the screen of my computer/ipad and turn it into a instructional video (e.g. learning an application).

What I am missing is a way to put a full screen lay over a part of the video, low opacity, which is cut out at a specific area to highlight that.

E.g. you see a website with login credentials (username/password) and I would like to darken out everything except the login area. that way it would stand out and be quickly visible (instead of pointing to it with e.g. an arrow form).

does anyone know a good and quick way to do that? I will have to do that lots of times.

Thank you very much

Kind regards
Marco

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:53 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hi Marco
There's probably an easier way but I experimented with this:
Get the MagicEraser app with which you can make part of an image transparent
In the app make a new image of a white background (photographing a white page will do) and use the eraser to delete a tiny area in the centre (whatever shape you fancy)
Save the image and import it into LF in the layer above your video
Edit the size, position and transparency of the overlay to suit

Hope this is interesting but you can probably get a similar image on the Web. It would be handy if you could invert the transparency of a shape in LF.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello marco_ch

there isn't currently a way to do this within LumaFusion. However, you could import a graphic element that would serve the purpose.
Take a look at the attached .png file.

Create a title overlay onto of your screen shot.
Import that file as a new image into a Title graphic.
With the Title tab open, enlarge the file so that the top and bottom touch the screen edge.
Then open the F&F tab and use the size X and size Y in conjunction with position to reveal the part of the screen that you want to highlight.
Then adjust the opacity of the graphic overlay

Hope this makes sense?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Attachments:
Mask.png
Mask.png [ 103.92 KiB | Viewed 132 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:50 am 

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. I will try these. I thought about that but hoped there would be an easier way :-) It would be very helpful if you could make your own simple polygons in LF.

Kind regards
Marco

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:17 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had a little tinker with this and threw this together as an example of how it could be done. It’s a bit rough but see what you think

https://vimeo.com/237580382

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:00 pm 

Quote:
I had a little tinker with this and threw this together as an example of how it could be done. It’s a bit rough but see what you think

https://vimeo.com/237580382
huh wow that is great - how the heck did you do that? both effects, zooming in and highlighting are perfect for what im doing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

See if you can grab the project archive from here » https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpec6dx0k5ahj ... ryzip?dl=0 then import it into LumaFusion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

It’s all about keyframing, it is well worth having a watch of the tutorials on YouTube listed in the pinned topics at the top of the forums, extremely useful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:27 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

By the way, to import it into LF, you must save it to Dropbox or OneDrive etc then go into LF and hit the button highlighted below and choose it from the saved location. Just tapping a project archive throws up an error

Attachments:
328C5CCC-6423-4F50-9D5C-CBF557B5450A.jpeg
328C5CCC-6423-4F50-9D5C-CBF557B5450A.jpeg [ 599.76 KiB | Viewed 68 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:56 pm 

Thanks a lot. The import has worked well and I will check out the keyframing tutorials. thanks a lot!

one small thing, the project files I have downloaded from your DB do not contain the last part where the search area remains white while the rest darkens out. it all darkens out. any idea why?