Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Unlinking clips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:22 am 
Novice
Novice

Is there a way to turn off how video clips are linked to audio? I have it turned off with the arrow in the left of the timeline. But often when I need to shift a clip to a new position an audio clip moves with it. This is very counterintuitive. Or is there a way to lock the audio tracks so it won’t move? Thanks

Here is a link to a video illustrating what I am referring to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktkamn5uv1190 ... M.mp4?dl=0

Post subject: Re: Unlinking clips
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Damont03

there isn't a way to turn off the linking for all clips, you can only turn it off (unlink) on a clip by clip basis.
Before picking up the clip, you would unlink it to move it.

Hope this helps

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:42 pm 

Quote:
Is there a way to turn off how video clips are linked to audio? I have it turned off with the arrow in the left of the timeline. But often when I need to shift a clip to a new position an audio clip moves with it. This is very counterintuitive. Or is there a way to lock the audio tracks so it won’t move? Thanks

Here is a link to a video illustrating what I am referring to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktkamn5uv1190 ... M.mp4?dl=0
It looks like maybe you detached the audio from the video but I’m nit sure you then did an unlink after that?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:12 pm 
Novice
Novice

I didn’t attach the clips. It has a voice over track. I add that first then the broll. It’s always fine during the initial editing process. Whenever I have to come back at a later time that is when somehow the tracks link. If you notice when I move the video track there is a white line connecting the tracks. When this happens I cannot move the video by itself. The only way to fix it is to delete the video track and reinsert it where I want it. But if I extend it past a break in the audio track, that white line connects them again. I always have linking turned off because of the hassle in re-editing projects. I have archived the project as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:41 pm 
Novice
Novice

Any new suggestions based on my last post?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Damont03

I'm not sure that there is a great solution for you at present.
There is no way to turn linking off except on a clip by clip basis. It's automatic, everything links to the clips on the main track.

You could try placing the B roll clips on the 2nd and 3rd tracks. That way you can move them around more freely and keep the main track empty.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ok thanks. I love your app and have supported it since the beginning.