Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:14 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Adjust LUT Strength?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:38 am 

First of all, thanks for a brilliant update, I’m super excited about being able to import LUTs.

When applying LUTs I always find that I need to knock back the strength of the LUT often to around 30% or 40% for a more subtle colour effect, I can’t see an obvious way of doing this in LumaFusion, am I missing something?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Adjust LUT Strength?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:41 pm 

Great question! I too had the same question but decided to search for existing posts.
Any response by users/dev on this would be highly appreciated! :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello All

I’m very glad that you are enjoying the latest update of the app.

There aren’t any user settings for the LUTs. The idea here is that you add the LUT, then add the ‘original’ color correction preset (or any other of the CC presets) and adjust everything there.

Hope this helps

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:42 pm 

Thanks for the response Androu!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Nayan712

The other thing that you are able to do, by keeping LUTs and CC separate in the effects stack, is you can position the LUT in a different place. Something to experiment with.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:49 pm 
Novice
Novice

In the future, having the option to reduce the strength of the lut would be great. I almost never use a lut at 100% (max is usually 70%). Usually luts are too extreme on skin tones and a lot of luts turn blues too cyan for my liking. Also different lighting conditions can affect how the lut looks in different scenes, so I have to adjust the luts strength accordingly to give the same look throughout.

As far as I'm aware, in the app there is no way of changing the hues of specific colours (ie target the cyans back to a more blue tone and target the skin tones).

But that doesn't concern me too much right now. I'm just happy that you were able to add the lut option in the first place. You have saved me a lot of work.

Is there way to apply one lut to all clips in one go? rather than adding it to each individual clip?

I was also wondering if there was a way to apply an 80% speed reduction to my 30fps clips in one go rather than applying individually?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi domehouse

At the moment there is no way to apply an effect to all clips in one go

I believe it is on the 'to do' list though

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone

A LUT is not a magic bullet (no pun intended) that will make all your video 'look' the same. The lighting and exposure of the original video will play a very big part in how the LUT behaves. So you have to add color correction after the LUT and adjust the look from there.

In Premiere Pro, the LUT is added at the top of the Lumetri color corrector. The adjustments you make there are not on the LUT, they are on the video after the LUT. The difference with LumaFusion is that we allow you to position the LUT somewhere else in the FX stack. You could do that in Premiere Pro too by adding two Lumetri color correctors, one would have just the LUT, the other would have the color correction.

Hope this helps

Regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch