Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:16 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:44 am 
Adept
Adept

Terri, you do great video lessons and (like the other members of the team) give us very interesting tips on overcoming the temporary limitations of the application and just useful tricks.

But these materials are scattered around the forum topics in messages with inappropriate names and it's hard for everyone to find them.

All we have is a playlist of the main lessons and some FAQs.

Can someone from the moderators take the trouble to "hook" such useful information by accumulating them in a separate section of the forum? Now the section Tricks & Tips does not match its name.
This section of the forum is very important for both beginners and experienced users to refresh the lost or forgotten techniques. And to supplement each such message with a link to the video in the corresponding playlist on YouTube.

Also it is desirable to create a theme "Best practice" (with links to the video), because the result can be obtained in several different ways.

But you will also need to maintain the relevance of these tips and elements of workflow, because the new features of the application can make them obsolete. And it will need to be edited.
On forums, this is usually achieved in this way: The first message of the topic (the so-called cap or hat) contains updated information on the topic. And all subsequent messages of the topic are significant discussions. If appear insignificant, the moderator removes them, so as not to clog the topic. Or as in the case of huge emoticons, just delete them.

It will be very useful if you publish an existing list of accepted requests, so that users do not ask again and again the already cleared suggestions for application improvement.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:44 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi lumaluke

I am neither a moderator or a developer

You suggestions are valid, keep them coming

However

When the developers are developing, they are not moderating

When the moderators are moderating they are not developing

I am sure we would all (and yes I include myself in that comment) prefer them to develop rather than moderate the forum if we had to choose

What we all need to remember is that this app has not been around for a year yet and the amount of time and effort required from what is only a small team is commendable

Perhaps if they increased the price of the app they could pay me to clean up/moderate the forum :) <--- hopefully that's only a small emoticon/smiley

Or perhaps every time an update was made to get to the next 'level' you could either wait or 'buy some stars/lives' like in Angry Birds?

I am not, so please don't take this the wrong way, saying your suggestions are bad - they are not - but they are easier to say than do

I believe there is life outside of LumaTouch - they have other products too

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi lumaluke,

Thanks for taking time to give detailed and thoughtful suggestions. I really appreciate that and I am always so grateful to have customers that care enough about our success to invest their own time in helping us improve.

Dave hit the nail on the head. We are a 3 person team. Chris is the developer, I am the designer and product manager, and Androu is test, support, forum, and a lot of consultation.

We will eventually have a bigger team to take everything, including the forum, to the next level (and if we could hire knobbydave that would be a plus) - smile. And when we do, we'll take your advice for sure.

I'm going to be honest here because people probably wonder if we are driving to sunset beaches in Lamborghinis with bling-studded teeth and $2000 hair extensions, but were not. We have built Luma Touch entirely upon bootstrapping and while we are extremely happy with the success of LumaFusion we need to keep pressing onward in order to hire people to increase our bandwidth for development and support.

We have a couple projects on the burner that will make LumaFusion an even better choice for editing, and they should take us over the hiring hurdle but they also take time... hang in there, while we get there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 am 
Adept
Adept

@Dave,
Any real event is a concrete choice on a large line of available values ​​between opposites. I shared with us my thoughts on how to improve this important mechanism in communications between users and developers and this will also help to strengthen and expand the position of the application. I did not say that this is a priority. But when you run a bus you need not only look ahead? And it should be periodically inspected, lubricated and even more often washed and refueled. I'm sorry for the "obviousness".

@Terri
I perfectly understand that we can not achieve everything at once. And I am grateful for the acceptance and understanding.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:07 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Perhaps if they increased the price of the app they could pay me to clean up/moderate the forum :) <--- hopefully that's only a small emoticon/smiley
lol this topic should be finally closed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote:
Dave hit the nail on the head. We are a 3 person team. Chris is the developer, I am the designer and product manager, and Androu is test, support, forum, and a lot of consultation.

We will eventually have a bigger team to take everything, including the forum, to the next level (and if we could hire knobbydave that would be a plus) - smile. And when we do, we'll take your advice for sure.
-> maybe the list could be started by lumaluke and added by the users themselves. and when you have your (monthly?) internal status review you could use it, add points and fill up the maybe last 10% we have not yet on our list.

is that a good compromise? :D

PS: is the function to copy the sequence length of one clip to all or several other sequences already on the list (or does it even already exist)? :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:40 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
don’t worry about posting in the wrong section, I do it all the time :D it’s not the end of the world
Therefore, we need to start not with our wants, but with the list that is confirmed by the developers. And users make additions to this topic, after a look at the list posted in the first message.

Since there are many wishes, new messages must undergo a pre-moderation so as not to clog the topic. This can only be done by the native speaker. I speak Russian well, but my English is at google.translate. %-) :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:50 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:
don’t worry about posting in the wrong section, I do it all the time :D it’s not the end of the world
Therefore, we need to start not with our wants, but with the list that is confirmed by the developers. And users make additions to this topic, after a look at the list posted in the first message.

Since there are many wishes, new messages must undergo a pre-moderation so as not to clog the topic. This can only be done by the native speaker. I speak Russian well, but my English is at google.translate. %-) :oops:
come on, your english is perfect! I am the hobbit here... even my russian is better than my english.
Приезжайте к моему русскому другу!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:32 am 
Adept
Adept

Отлично сказано по-русски, Путешествующий_Дрон! :lol: :D
Perfectly said in Russian, Travel_Dronе (may be Traveling_Drone?)! And, BTW, I understand you perfectly in English :)
You will be a hobbit in the NZ. Especially if you get to their village :mrgreen: :lol:
Requirements for the level of knowledge of English there are the highest AFAIK.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:04 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Clearly my input is no longer required here - Goodbye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello everyone

clearly this topic is getting carried away with itself.
I don't have any issue with users asking the same questions over and over again, no matter how many times I have answered the same question.

LumaLuke, if you get tired of people asking the same questions repeatedly, then stop answering them. For the most part, I appreciate your comments because they generally help me out, but getting frustrated over the way the forum is run or organized is not useful to anyone. Terri, Chris and I are working on this project everyday all day, and nothing goes without our noticing it. Our primary focus is to get out improved, feature rich software, and I think that is what everyone wants. We will decide the road map and everything that people want will eventually get included.

knobbydave, I sincerely apologize for the comments in this thread, I do hope that you continue to work with us, I think your contributions are invaluable and create a friendly voice on our forum pages, you do us a great service.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch