Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:17 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:00 pm 

I am a bit concerned about the app giving access to my personal information, contact list, & friends. I'm also concerned about it being able to access, change, add or delete my photos, videos, documents on ONEDRIVE. It can also access and update my info even when I'm not using the app.
Can someone tell me what is up with this and how is this okay??? :|

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:38 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi kahoffman66

Welcome to the forum

What info does it access and change when you’re not using the app please?

It needs to access your photos and videos (and music) because it’s a video editing app?!?

For that same reason that is why you can change the properties of the pictures and videos ie editing them - but it does not alter the originals - only on copies of what you are working on within a project. If you delete the project, you keep the originals where they were

If you import files from one drive, box, Dropbox etc you work on the copy of the file you have imported, not the original

When you install the app it says it would like to access your photos (like many other apps do) .. you can say no if you want .. it will then only work with media that you tell it to import

It’s no more or less safe than other photo or video editing apps - nothing is up with it - perhaps I’ve missed your point?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We only ask for the minimum permissions necessary for accessing cloud services. Of course, with facebook that includes post permission. We certainly never access any contact information - we certainly don't ask for access to contacts on the device itself, only Photos, Music, and Microphone.