Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions please see our support page https://luma-touch.com/support. You can contact us from our support page, or email us directly at support@luma-touch.com.

LumaFusion 1.4.8 is now available on the App Store. This update resolves some audio preview issues as well as other bug fixes

LumaFX 2.4.3 is now available on the App Store. This fixes additional issues for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: LumaFusion V 1.4?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:35 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello LumaFusion team,

When will version 1.4 and 1.5 approximately be avaible?

What I've heard is 1.4 shall be rolled out in august 2017. :cry:

Post subject: Re: LumaFusion V 1.4?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:34 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Travel_Drone

Don't have a date for you but can confirm 1.4 is in advanced stages of testing now but not quite ready yet

Soon :D

(it will be worth the wait)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:18 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thx for the quick reply.

Would it be possible to add/check again 10 more or less simple things?

1st: a speed increase from 600% up to a max of 1000%? (Like in the official dji app, for drone pilots absolutely necessary, cause currently wenspeed up a sequence, export and re-import it again into the project to get a fast speed, today's IPhones can easily handle this)

2nd: different speed "sections" within one sequence without cutting anstauende into several ones + a curve-mode for the speed increase? (Dynamic speed increase/decrease)

3rd: copying and pasting the key framings/colourgrading to other sequences by selecting few sequences in the project and pasting it to them to them by 1-click? (Currently there is just a single copy/paste or an overall paste available)

4th: courgrading with high-, mid- and deep-tones + whitebalance + more different color panels like in AdobePP?

5th: making transitions more editable + giving us a luma fade transition? (Whirlpool swirling + picture swipe-out left hits no one any more from the seat)

6th: motion titles for to mirroring edges for real good zoom effects?

7th: adjusting transitions with easy in / easy out to set individually the transition speed for a smoother change?

8th: allowing to make vertigo effects? (especially for GoPro and drone users, I know so many people who bought you app because I've showed it to them, and all of them use GoPro for diving/paragliding or want to improve their drone footage)

9th: a GoPro anti-fisheye effect would be more than great? (Currently you losing all your nerves and time by importing, editing and exporting your GoPro footage in/from their software and that really annoys every normal human being in the year 2017.

10th: LUTs are coming. Is LumaFusion providing a basic set of several LUTs? Is an import of external LUTs like those used for AdobePP?

Thx for a short info which of these are coming with 1.4 (we know that key framing will be focused more earliest with 1.5 (which is coming not before 07/2018... :( ??))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:09 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Travel_Drone

I’m not a developer, but I will answer as many as I can (I am a drone user too)

1 I agree that modern phones can handle high speeds no problem - but not everyone has them :) so do you set a max of 400% that should work for most people or go for 600% or more that potentially makes the app flakey for a lot of people? I don’t know if it’s possible to set the maximum on a ‘per device’ level but then you get the ‘why can’t I get 600% speed when my friend can’. I do know that speed is being discussed

2 curves for key frames is on the to do list (at the moment I just add lots of them getting closer together each time to simulate the effect of a curve but it is a pain to do)

3 - 7 on the to do list

8 what is a vertigo effect? Can you explain it or post a link to one - it might be something I can use with my drone videos

9 again this is something that has been requested along with Image stabilisation

10 yes, LUTs are coming soon and there will be a basic set. I didn’t even know what a LUT was until recently :oops:

Everyone (and that includes me :D ) wants all the features NOW but what I sometimes have to stop and think is how well developed this app is considering that it has been around for less than a year. The developers and testers are only a small team and sometimes adding something that seems obvious and simple to us isn’t that easy. You fix one thing and it breaks something else somewhere along the line.

As you can see, most of your suggestions are on the ‘to do’ list but keep suggesting them.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:47 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thx again for the timely reply.

First question, how do you know all these status things?

Re-Answers:

1. you're right. Imagine highways wouldn't have been build because in the 30s nearly no one was able buying an expensive car -> main reason for me buying the iPad 10.5 was this app, so why not giving the opportunity to use all available technology of your customer's devices? (I agree, some kind of lag information above the current 600% there might be lags would be a interim-solution)

2. totally agree

3.-7. okeee... :)

8. damn look at that!! ✌️

-> now imagine I would have been able using this in my last sequence

9.-10. okay lets hope this will come until the end of the year or at least before end of 2023 (joke alert 🙃). I mean, with offering LUTs the pricing could be easily adjusted up to 49 Euro and still then everybody who is junking about a very good app would buy it.

Always saying this app is so great is right, but LumaTouch should go now the next step and enlarge the team to create a real epic app. Make a 2.0 version, take additionally 30 Euro for that so you could choose whether you want to upgrade to premium version or whatever. All I wanna say is let's empower this app, doesn't help to have a bmw m5 but just using 137 horse power - make the rolls-royce out of
If, because AdobePP really really is too complacited and nooo oooone I know is taking a big computer with him while traveling or in holidays - use this massive market gap and invest, Marketing, support supporters, let customers show films using your app, make your own intros and so on ppl love that.

Okay enough with dat blabla, just want to have it for my holidays in December in New Zealand. Gonna use this app every day, already have so many scenes to film and share. :) !!

Btw do you know whether next to LUTs there will come also a basic set of Natural Sounds like some rainfalls, waterfalls, several bird sounds, some zoom sounds, wave sounds and so on? Otherwise I have to start using an external microphone taking all the Sounds myself in nature which is totally okay and the way we should proceed if the project should be awesome, but then again the old question, whether LumaTouch brings out a denoising function with the 1.4 V?

Thxalot and hopefully you'll continue with your engagement bra 😊👍

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:13 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Travel_Drone

How do I know all these things?

Well if you've got time to read all of the answers the developers and admins leave there are always clues :)

I'm a Beta Tester

So I guess your next question is 'How can I become a Beta Tester?'

Before I answer that - remember a Beta Tester always works with a possibly incomplete, flaky version of the App so it might not be best for any 'serious' editing

And .. you need to convince the developers you can bring something to the party :D :lol:

Sometimes just coming up with good suggestions on the Forum and not being a tester is just as helpful

Oh ... enlarge the team - easy to say but doesn't come cheap

Increase the cost of the app - for every £10 (ha ha I'm in the UK) you increase the price, you put another 100 people off because it's too expensive - it's a difficult balancing act

You can post links to your videos here:

http://www.forums.luma-touch.com/viewforum.php?f=9

And mention the App any chance you get - I mention it on the DJI forum whenever I can

And .. and ... Don't forget to leave a great review!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:40 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi again Travel_Drone

To answer one of your posts elsewhere

To fade in/out text:

Put your main video on track 1
Put your text in a title on track 2
Put a transition at the start of the title to fade in
Put a transition at the end of the title to fade out

Hope that helps
Attachment:
fullsizeoutput_cf9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_cf9.jpeg [ 359.13 KiB | Viewed 712 times ]
And .. render at the same fps as your original footage so you don't introduce jerkiness (took me ages to realise that)

Have a look here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... T19jWZplPZ

for some useful tutorials

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:31 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Hi again Travel_Drone

To answer one of your posts elsewhere

To fade in/out text:

Put your main video on track 1
Put your text in a title on track 2
Put a transition at the start of the title to fade in
Put a transition at the end of the title to fade out

Hope that helps

Thank you so much 😊👍

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Travel Drone,

Dave has done a great job of answering the questions. He's been with forum for over 5 years (woo hoo!) on other apps so he does tend to get a bit more info just through osmosis. I just want to add a bit to the conversation.

We do have LUT's in the next release and we will soon be raising the price back up closer to where we wanted it in the first place. It is always a balancing act, half the people say it's too much, half say we could charge more. As long as it's sort of balanced like that then we are probably near the right place. We do watch the numbers and make sure our price is making people feel that they are getting a good value.

The funny thing about speed control is that it's one of the main causes of export failure. iMovie limits their speed to 2x most likely because raising it and keeping it real time will cause a number of export failures. So right now we are looking at the prospect of pre-processing speeds above 2x simply to cut down on the number of support issues we have related to higher speeds. We do not expect that change to be in 1.4 but when we do it then the % of speed increase should not have to be limited as far as I know. At some point we will also add speed ramping but we have a pretty big list and so we are always prioritizing based on how many people want a particular feature, and how feasible the feature is.

We are hoping to be able to add more people to our team, but we have 3 years of investment in LumaFusion development so we need a bit of time to catch up with the costs of that. Our intention is to keep at it, and keep adding value, and keep finding ways of monetizing what we build. We're not done yet! :-)

Thanks for taking an interest in our app and our company. We appreciate how valued all of the folks on this forum make us feel.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Hi Travel Drone,

Dave has done a great job of answering the questions. He's been with forum for over 5 years (woo hoo!) on other apps so he does tend to get a bit more info just through osmosis. I just want to add a bit to the conversation.

We do have LUT's in the next release and we will soon be raising the price back up closer to where we wanted it in the first place. It is always a balancing act, half the people say it's too much, half say we could charge more. As long as it's sort of balanced like that then we are probably near the right place. We do watch the numbers and make sure our price is making people feel that they are getting a good.

[....]

Thanks for taking an interest in our app and our company. We appreciate how valued all of the folks on this forum make us feel.

Appreciated!😊👍

Like the big companies of all industries are always doing, some leaks are helpful keeping up their customers motivation. So do you think it is very realistic 1.4 is coming before end of Q3/2017? (🙂 <- this is a hope-smiley).