Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:49 pm 

Fyi, I am running IOS 11 beta 5, and I am unable to share a video from icloud or any other for that matter like documents, goodreader, etc.

Even unable to save it to my photos, is this an IOS 11 bug or is their a workaround for this?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:20 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi DevOps0101

I’m running the latest Beta too and I’m not having any problems with LumaFusion importing or exporting

What version of the app are you using please?

Have you tried reinstalling the app (not that you should need to)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:11 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello DevOps0101

what is it you are doing exactly, are you talking about importing and exporting video clips into or out of LumaFusion, or are you talking about the 'open with' functionality from another app?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:33 pm 

thanks for the response. So I have a number of video files in my icloud drive. In IOS11 I am unable to save them to my photos on my ipad so I move the files from icloud into goodreader or documents, normally in these apps I can share the file (open in...) with other apps. However, when I try to do this it doesn't give me the option to open in with Lumafusion. I did re-install the app, but no luck.

I can put the files on a memory card and try that way, but I typically store everything in my 2TB icloud drive account.

Since I only recently installed IOS 11, I may go back to IOS 10 to see if I have the same issues.

How are you opening up video files currently?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:34 pm 

Quote:
Hello DevOps0101

what is it you are doing exactly, are you talking about importing and exporting video clips into or out of LumaFusion, or are you talking about the 'open with' functionality from another app?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch
trying to import video files

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello DevOps0101

we have tested this using iOS 10 and found that it works. knobbydave says it worked for him in iOS11.

It is interesting that you are unable to open your video in the Photos app. This indicates that there might be an issue with the video you are trying to open. Photos won't open video that is outside it's specs. For example 4K DCI and/or data rates above 100mbits would be an issue. Or it could be the wrong file type. Photos will use .mp4 and .mov files that use the h.264 codec. AVI files won't open there.

What type of media are you trying to open in Photos (and LumaFusion)?

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch