Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:45 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

Post subject: Cannot add blank clip
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:33 pm 

Hello - when I select add blank clip from the tool box nothing happens - I've got it to work a few times by editing the end of the previous video clip - but cannot repeat it regularily - (I'm at the very end of my project) - thanks - Julian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:58 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Julian46

The add black clip function only works of the playline is located at a cut point on the main track. That might be the issue.

If you want to add black where there is no cut, use the scissor tool first to add a cut, then add the black.

Let me know

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:42 pm 

Hi you are correct it does add a blank clip fine at a cut - but can you add one at the very end of your timeline ? (Or do you need an actual video clip at the end and add to the cut just in front) - sorry to waste your time with this - I can't think why I would need this - but thought I saw it in one of the earlier LumaFusion tutorials - incredible video editing software btw - using it for a holiday video as I write this... really fun (recording on my iPhone and using airdrop to quickly and very easily copy it over to my iPad for use in LF) /

Also - do you support the SwiftPoint GT bluetooth mouse for IPad ? (I use it normally with Jump Desktop - Remote Desktop software) - could be a good feature to add - I see LF works with the Apple Pencil - also I love the keyboard shortcuts in LF - using them now on my Belkin Bluetooth iPad KB - thanks again - Julian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Julian

It is possible to add a blank clip to the end of the timeline in the same way that I described.
Try double tapping on the right jump button. This will put the play line at the end of the timeline.
Then add the blank clip. (See my screen grab)
If the end of the timeline happens to be a clip that is not on the main track (the first video track), then it won't give you the option for a blank clip.

Thanks for your good comments about the app, always appreciated, and I do think it makes editing fun.

I feel pretty confident in saying that iPad will not work with a BT mouse. The pen works because it is touching the screen, like you finger.

Let me know how you get on with the blank clip

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

Attachments:
File comment: In this image the end of the timeline is the 2nd video track. You can't add a blank clip here.
IMG_1224.PNG
IMG_1224.PNG [ 454.37 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]
IMG_1223.PNG
IMG_1223.PNG [ 2.54 MiB | Viewed 242 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:46 pm 

I double press right to get to the end and see the add blank clip option as you describe and press it - no new blank clip appears anywhere - I've even zoomed right in and don't see it - the last clip before has a dissolve to black transition - does that make a difference ? (Not a big deal regardless - just a curiosity )

And that SwiftPoint mouse does work with the iPad and the IOS jump desktop app - the app supports it directly - I know in general IOS does not. (Existing Editing on LF is so good and the interface works so well it would likely not make it any better anyway but my iPad does not support the pencil - next one will) - thanks again

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:46 am 

I created a new test project and it worked as you have described.

I went back to my current project and found that at certain zoom levels it just works - but otherwise if I go to previous then next clip it works fine - so I think I am good - thanks for the help - J

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Julian

I'm happy that it is working for you

That mouse looks intersting. I'll pass it along to the design team to think about.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch