Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:37 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:37 pm 
Novice
Novice

To start off I am a new user of LumaFusion and I think it’s amazing. For the price and what you get, I don’t need to spend $200 on Final Cut Pro bundle for MAC. I have made some projects on iPhone and iPad Air original model. I am at the point where I am looking to upgrade to iPad Pro 12.9 256gb version but been spendings weeks on trying to figure out how I would manage organize and get media to iPad to use with LumaFusion.

Little Back story
I want to upload 500gb photo library from Mac to Apple iCloud Photo Library in order to have available on my iPad Pro and iPhone to use with LumaFusion but I am being told by Apple that I won’t gain access to my complete iCloud Photo Library on my iPad due to the capacity limitation on my device. On devices with optimize storage it only shrinks library by like 30% and then I would be worried the pictures/ I do clips are not of their highest resolution to make videos with on LumaFusion. Think there is only option for whole library on device to be hires original or optimized version. Can’t just download certain media in hires.

Going forward a simple workflow of taking pictures with iPhone, air dropping to iPad (or plug GoPro directly into iPad) make movie with luma and then can delete media from iPad Pro. I guess that would work but wanted something more automated and streamlined.

How do people have their workflow setup to make video with older media. Is everyone using the photos application on Mac or iCloud or just saving pictures in folders on hardrives?
With a 500gb photo library it would be impossible to export each photo and albums one by one to an external drive and be accessible with a wireless SSD or ravpower hub.
Thought about using other cloud services that could host all my media and I can download pictures/ videos one by one in high res to use with Lumafusion. So many choices, open to any recommendation. Onenote, Dropbox, Google, Mega, Box.

Sorry this is allot of rambling but my head is all over trying to figure out a good starting point and if this iPad Pro purchase is worth it. Or should I just upgrade MacBook Pro and hopefully soon iOS apps can be launched on MacBooks.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I’ve got my media stored on a Synology NAS and a WD portable drive

Neither are the fastest things around but they work just fine as I’m built for comfort not for speed :)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:40 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I’ve got my media stored on a Synology NAS and a WD portable drive

Neither are the fastest things around but they work just fine as I’m built for comfort not for speed :)
So you don’t use the photos application GUI on MAC or really on iPhone. All your media is just stored on an external within folders? Or do you use some sort of 3rd party software for organization and features (creating Albums, Faces, etc.)
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 4:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I mainly use my NAS for my files

I do use Photos/iCloud - but back the files on there up to my NAS within folders

I don't use any 3rd party for albums etc

I'm not saying this is the best way - it's just the way that works best for me (and like I said it's not particularly fast from/to the NAS)

So for example if the weather is good enough to fly my drone tomorrow I will have a folder DJI\2019\20190512 and put anything I take into that folder

If I then want to make a video in LF I will import everything that is in DJI\2019\20190512\ and work from that

When I am done I will delete the files from LF and the originals are still intact on my NAS