Hi Dalton Road Media,
We do have this on our list of features to add to the application, but in the meantime, there is a way you can do it manually.
With Pinnacle Studio you can use a tool like iExplorer (available free from macroplant.com) to directly add, remove and organize photos, videos and audio to the application. This lets you have more control over what media appears in Pinnacle Studio, and avoids some missing media issues when re-syncing your iPad using iTunes.
To use this feature, download iExplorer from macroplant.com and install it on your OS X or Windows system. When you start iExplorer with your iPad plugged in to your computer, it will show a list of all files on your iPad.
• Find “Pinnacle Studio” under “Apps” and click the arrow to open it.
• Find “Library > Caches > RenderFiles” under “Pinnacle Studio” and click on your project name to open it.
• You should find your voice over files in this directory with a .caf extension
• Under Pinnacle Studio > Documents you should see “UserAudio”
• On a MAC, hold down the command key and drag the voice over file from "RenderFiles" to "UserAudio" - it should now exist in both places.
To find your media in Pinnacle Studio:
• Start Pinnacle Studio on your iPad, and tap on the “Rebuild Library” button at the top of the Library.
For voice over media will appear within Playlists in the library. If you’ve copied your audio directly under “UserAudio”, then it will appear in a playlist named “User Audio”, otherwise it will appear in a playlist with the name of the folder the file is in.
For more information about iExplore and its other uses see this Tips and Tricks: